The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is a pan-African financial institution with diplomatic status in its current 41 African member countries. Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria), Africa Re has a continental network of regional and local offices in Lagos (Nigeria), Casablanca (Morocco). Nairobi (Kenya). Abidjan (Cote d’Ivoire), Ebene (Mauritius), Cairo (Egypt) and Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) as well as two subsidiaries: Africa Re (South Africa) Ltd in Johannesburg and Africa Retakaful Ltd in Cairo (Egypt).
Africa-Re announces the vacancy of the position of Claims Officer in his Anglophone West Africa Regional Office in Lagos (Nigeria)
Reporting directly to the Regional Director of Anglophone West Africa Regional Office, the successful candidate will provide superior service in a cost-effective manner by executing best claims-practices while providing support to the underwriting team.
The duties shall comprise amongst others:
- Review of claims notification received from ceadants and brokers
- Maintain proper records of all claims notification and follow up to logical conclusion
- Keep an audit trail of all reported claims
- Ensure prompt processing of all approved claims
- Prepare progress reports on claims development
- Collection of claims and supporting documents
- Manager the follow up and reconciliation of cash credit refunds
- Prompt processing of reported reinsurance claims recoveries
- Follow up cash call refunds with ceadants and brokers
- Process and monitor the development of the outstanding claims provision
- Provide technical; support to the underwriting team and support
- on facultative underwriting for the Region.
Method of Application
Interested candidates for this positions are requested to visit the Africa Re website (http://www.africa-re.com/careersandtenders/page/49/current-vacancies) to view the full advert, complete the employment form and upload their curriculum vitae.
Closing date for applications is 13 August, 2015.