Box & Cedar is an HR Consulting Firm. We believe in the power of people and exploiting it to the maximum because we know that people are the greatest assets of any organisation.
We have distilled our products into what we call the 3S- Sourcing, Sieving and Stimulating.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidate to fill the Civil/Structural Engineer Vacancy at Box and Cedar
Job Title: Civil/Structural Engineer
Location: Lagos, NIGERIA
- Head of Structural and Civil Engineering Construction and Design Department.
- Management and supervision or performance of planning, designing, constructing and/or maintaining structures and facilities.
- Investigates, measures, surveys and map the earth’s physical features and phenomena;
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering, mechanical and electrical techniques, procedures and criteria to assigned aspects of storm drain, sanitary sewer, water system and/or lake-level construction and alteration plans.
- Assist in the planning, designing, monitoring and/or managing of projects and programs for substantial new construction, renovation and improvement projects.
- Assist in serving as a technical consultant concerning facilities planning, design, construction and/or maintenance for different categories of facilities.
- Utilize program planning and budgeting cycles, financial control and budget systems, and other management tools to accomplish programming, determine resources and perform long-range planning.
- Preparation of structural design drawings, and review such drawings prepared by other consultants indicating basic design corrections, prepare technical specifications, review engineering plans for compliance with numerous regulatory acts.
- Oversee the preparation of contract bids, make recommendations to higher-level engineers regarding feasibility studies and assist in the management of large-scale construction projects.
- Use construction inspection report data to prepare payment estimates as a recommendation for payment of contractors.
Knowledge & Skills:
- The ability to apply general knowledge of the physical sciences and mathematics underlying engineering.
- Specialized knowledge of the mechanics of solids (particularly of soils), hydraulics, theory of structure, strength of materials, engineering geology and surveying
- Prior knowledge of principles and practices of structural and civil engineering.
- Master’s degree in civil/structural engineering or related field from an accredited college, university or technical school.
- COREN registered and a member of Nigeria Society of Engineers.
- Minimum of Fifteen (15) years of full-time professional engineering experience.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates will to apply should click here