Citi is today´s pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could act as one to deliver solutions to clients throughout the world.
With the most diverse array of products and the greatest distribution capacity of any financial firm in the world, our employees manage 200 million customer accounts across six continents in more than 100 countries
Citi Bank is currently recruiting for the following job position:
The role is responsible for the day to day compliance activities of CGMNL by providing prompt and effective compliance guidance on regulatory and policy matters to the business units to ensure regulatory and reputational sound deals, thus assisting the business to meet revenue target and minimize regulatory penalties.
• Coordinate compliance risk management for CGMNL.
• Provide compliance advice and effective support to the business on compliance related enquiries including AML, Sanctions, Financial promotions and communications.
• Work with key stakeholders to identify and mitigate risks associated with existing and new deals and business lines with emphasis on higher risk customers.
• Ensure that internal procedures are up to date with relevant legislation and ensuring that such procedures are complied with.
• Ensure required regulatory and internal reports are generated and rendered accurately and timely within specified deadlines.
• Keeping the business abreast of any regulatory developments, sanctions and industry best practices and assessing the impact on current procedures and ensuring that necessary changes are implemented.
• Sound knowledge of products and market practices with regards to Capital Market operations specifically, Issuing House and Equities Businesses.
• Ensure that reporting, oversight and feedback mechanisms operate efficiently within compliance and support a “no surprise” culture, with early surfacing of issues.
• Respond to Sanctions related escalations and investigations.
• Be familiar with the US, local and major international laws, regulations and standards.
• Be familiar with local money laundering laws and standards.
• Undertake AML related investigations arising from internal monitoring as well as ad hoc referrals.
• Report suspicious activity to the relevant authorities in a timely manner.
• Liaise with local Regulators, Law Enforcement and other Governmental Bodies and ensure good relationships with the same.
• Develop and deliver tailored training programs for the business.
• Instigate and manage ad hoc projects as required.
• Opportunity to work at one of the most diverse global financial groups in the world.
• Exposure to international best practices.
• Visibility and accountability to senior management.
• Minimum of ten (10) years relevant post-qualification experience (excluding NYSC).
• Capital Markets experience.
• In depth knowledge of the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission rules.
• Knowledge of other relevant regulations and industry guidance in the Nigerian Capital Markets.
• Sponsored Individual registration with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
• Operations, Control, risk related experience will be an added advantage.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Significant attention to detail.
• Strategic and goal-oriented thinker.
• Commitment to a co-operative and collaborative working environment, requiring an innovative approach to meeting sometimes challenging demands.
• Ability to work individually and in teams on all aspects of Compliance.
• Ability to communicate with and present to all levels of staff particularly Senior Management.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to embrace new technologies.
• A first degree in a relevant field including Finance, Accounting, Economics, Banking, Business Management or Law.
• Relevant higher degree or professional qualification.
Citigroup is an Equal Opportunities Employer
- Primary Location: Nigeria,Lagos
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 16001056
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply