Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa; we are currently looking for a Chief Operations Officer for our client who is a mid-sized Agricultural Processing company.
Job Title: Chief Operations Officer
The COO’s job is to help set standards for the company and work with directly with the CEO and middle managers to ensure that processes, training, and quality of output of goods and services reflect these standards. The COO must be entrepreneurial inclined and very knowledgeable and versatile in general business practices as (s)he will be responsible for overseeing the human resources, procurement, sales, farm-operations and the general administrative functions of the organization.
- Assist the CEO in the development, modification or updating of sustainable organization policies and goals that cover operations, personnel performance, and growth of the functions and/or business units.
- Provide reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Maintain consistent and effective communication with the CEO, and implementing directives given.
- Work with the appropriate department/personnel to identify target markets/clients and potential new markets/clients; and in collaboration with the CEO and CFO evaluate the potential of new ventures, proposals, products and so negotiate advantageous terms for same.
- Continuously improve operations, efficiency, cost controls, and relations and service with present and future customers.
- Hire, discipline as appropriate, effectively supervise, periodically evaluate, motivate, and reward as appropriate the professional staff and exercise ultimate authority over employees under his or her supervision, including handling of grievances in conformity with the firm’s policies and procedures; facilitate professional development of subordinates through personal mentoring and direction and through formal professional development seminars, as appropriate.
- Ensure the firm’s property, assets, resources and infrastructure are maintained coupled with its farming operations.
Qualification and Experience:
- At least 6-10 years’ work experience performing similar tasks/duties in similar industry.
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from a reputable institution and or related Professional Certification(s) is highly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Public/external bodies liaising skills.
- Strong leadership ability to manage upper management employees and provide direction for workers at all levels.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply