We are Millar Cameron, a specialist recruitment consultancy specialising in the sub-Saharan agricultural industry.
One of our clients, a major FMCG company, has recently had an opportunity come up for a Chief Financial Officer to join their team based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
As the new Chief Financial Officer you would be responsible the formulation and implementation of Company Financial Strategy and the direction and co-ordination of the activities of the finance department.
As the Chief Financial Officer you would be responsible for all financial matters, including but not limited to:
- · Financial Reporting and management of all aspects of the company
- · Provision of leadership and coordination in business planning, accounting, financial analysis, financial reporting and budgetary concerns of the company
- · Development of the finance teams
- · Coordination and preparation of the annual budget, financial statements reports and analyses.
- · Overall working and cash flow management
- · Maintaining relationships with commercial banks
- · Ensuring compliance with local state and federal reporting requirements
- · Ensuring timely and accurate payment of taxes and pension contributions
- · Overseeing, approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, salary updates, account maintenance and data entry.
- · Assess both short and long term goals for the finance department
- · Provide training to and manage the finance department
- Approve and coordinate changes and improvements to the automated financial and management IT systems for the company.
Our client is in the position to offer a very generous remuneration package, in terms of both salary and additional package.
What We Are Looking For In Exceptional Candidates
- · Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills (e.g. tact/diplomacy, persuasion, cooperation, negotiations)
- · Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- · Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, financial statements, and projections
- · Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- · Experience implementing and managing automated financial and accounting reporting systems (note: the Company uses Navision)
- · Experience in strategic planning and execution
- · Experience in product costing
- · Experience working with consumer-focused businesses
- · Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management
- · Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- · At least ten years of experience in senior-level finance or accounting position
- · Experience working in Nigeria / West Africa
- · Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or an MBA preferable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply