Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Job ID: 15093794
Job Function: Finance
- To manage the Citi Finance function for Nigeria supporting all Citi Products.
- Responsibility for all financial controls and accounting activities, business analysis and strategy, compliance with Local & US Regulatory Reporting requirements, reporting of local and foreign taxes.
- The role involves being the Nigeria CFO and this role includes reporting to both the Local and US Regulators.
- The country has exhibited very strong growth, margin and returns while embedding a very strong and focused control culture.
- Daily management of local regulatory reporting activities, financial control related activities:
- Overall responsibility for all financial accounting, management information systems, analysis and review of all strategic investment options, local and foreign taxes, local and US regulatory compliance as well as liaison with internal and external auditors and bank regulators
- Ensuring that accounting is in compliance with U.S. and IFRS principles and regulatory accounting guidelines and is reported in a timely and accurate manner;
- Supervise the finance and controllership functions ensuring that senior management is aware of the control tone in the bank and adequate procedures are in place to manage and evaluate strategic, business, credit and operating risks in the bank. Ensure that Nigeria fully implements and complies with LRRD.
- Position as Trusted Advisor to the CCO and Business heads in order to drive the business financial performance and embed an appropriate performance management framework to enable the business to succeed: Analytical analysis, approval and presentation of financial statements, and management profitability reports for internal and external use.
- Participate in the formulation of the Country Strategic Plan and Objectives and coordinate the effort on budgeting and planning for the country. Work closely with the Cluster Planning and Analysis Team to ensure that analysis on the Nigeria financial information is accurate and value added.
- Actively participating in the following franchise committees: Country Coordinating Committee (CCC), Business Risk, Compliance and Control Committee (BRCC), Asset and Liability Committee (ALCO), Local Regulator Reporting Governance Committee (LRRGC), Account Review Committee (ARC)
- Participate in Regional Finance initiatives and rollouts, as well as the Africa Finance project initiatives
- Responsible for effective leadership, training and development of staff within the Finance function.
- Responsible for the Finance Management Control Self-Assessment (MCA) process, including design and implementation of the control framework, the quality assurance of the control file process, analysis of key risks identified, assessing the adequacy of corrective actions and following up of the implementation and appropriateness of corrective actions.Responsible for the controls over the balance sheet and ensuring balance sheet control conforms with the Global best practice
- Ensure all financial input to the Board processes are timely, robust and complete, meeting any regulatory standards.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal and external audits and examinations are conducted successfully, as well as ensuring that the tracking of corrective actions for these audits is diligently performed.
- Develop a working relationship with the regulators, tax advisors and statutory auditors, anticipating and informing the CCO of significant regulatory developments and helping to create and implement strategies to bring about desired changes;
- Chairing the Legal Entity Management Committee and managing the compliance with Citi’s Legal Entity Management Policy (“LEMP”)
- Nigeria is one of the Invest to Grow countries in EMEA and has great future growth strategy. The successful candidate can help shape the future growth and development in this key market.
- Excellent opportunity to gain wide knowledge of a diverse range of Business, regulatory and banking environment.
- Performance Management and exposure to Business Management
- Exposure to both internal, external and Regulatory audit
- Minimum 10 years post qualification experience in Finance & Performance Management roles within the Financial Services Industry, 5 of which must have been at Senior Management level
- Previous experience as CFO or Financial Controller in Finance Department of an internationally reputed bank
- Sound understanding of Financial Control, Internal Control, Operational Risk Mgt., Regulatory Reporting, Financial and Management Accounting and FP&A desirable
- Good knowledge of corporate and Institutional banking products.
- Financial accounting expert
- Regulatory reporting expert
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication
- Tax reporting
- Excellent budgeting and planning skills
- First degree in any discipline or its equivalent
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent – ICAN, ACCA etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Very strong control skills
- Highly motivated self-starter and energetic with hands-on approach
- Pro-active decision making with ability to champion Finance initiatives to a successful conclusion
- Accountability and ownership
- Strong leadership capabilities and ability to lead the overall Finance team through significant change
- Excellent teamwork and project management skills
- Excellent planning and execution skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online