Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is a leading E-commerce company with presence in Lagos, hubs in South Africa and China; with warehouses and distribution centers all Nigeria. Due to internal expansion processes, they have decided to hire a Chief Commercial Officer.
Job Title: Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)
Reporting Line: CEO
- The Chief Commercial Officer is primarily concerned with ensuring the integrated commercial success of the organization. The role will require a combination of strong technical solution selling skills with strong marketing, sales, and business development skills.
- The Chief Commercial Officer will take ownership of the customer and the customer interface with the company’s product and service offering, making sure that all functions of the organization are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives.
- The Chief Commercial Officer will lead the customer experience & marketing, retail and marketplace teams in drafting, implementing and evaluating cross-functional decisions that will enable the company to achieve its long-term objectives.
- Leadership: Deliver strategic leadership for defining the commercial path to growth and profitability of the company and the establishment of an effective growth process and infrastructure. Develop collaborative working relationships within the organization in pursuit of the of the company’s overall business goals.
- Business Development: Develop a strategy and provide leadership for enterprise -wide business development opportunities. Originate and manage business development opportunities that are consistent with the company’s strategy for revenue growth
- Handle special assignments, do in-depth analysis, follow up on various files and work closely in concert with all members of the Senior Management Team.
- Responsible for the implementation and achievement of his/her Business Area’s mission, goals and financial objectives. Develop long-term plans and budgets for the department and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance. Ensure systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the department.
- Marketing: Lead development of the company’s marketing strategy with an emphasis on achieving market penetration and sales growth with a particular emphasis on cost-effective customer acquisition and market demand generation.
- Sales: Develop and implement the company’s sales strategy across key market segments to ensure that the company identifies and optimizes a clear path to aggressive growth. Assess, build and manage an array of necessary channels capable of delivering on the company’s growth objectives. Lead sales channels to meet and exceed revenue targets.
- Develop strategic direction and plans for the company with regard to all commercial functions including sales, retail, marketplace, marketing and customer experience.
- Manage sales operations organization, customer acquisition, and merchant acquisition to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Identify and develop new market opportunities for the company’s product portfolio.
- Develop and drive the pricing strategy of the organization
- Elaborate a rolling three (3) year product roadmap in conjunction with the New Product Introduction committee and lead its implementation
- Develop and implement strategies to improve the net promoter score of the business (NPS)
- Manage the customer experience processes to ensure every interaction between customers and the organization
- Develop annual marketing plans per region and per market verticals.
- Manage sales pipeline to ensure accurate and adequate lead inflow to reach targeted sales objectives.
- Develop and maintain initiatives in order to achieve up to date competitive analysis portfolio.
- Develop annual and long term budgets for revenues as well as expenses.
- Develop and monitor quality metrics to ensure outstanding service and customer support.
- Establish and monitor progress against key performance indicators.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Problem solving – Brings a problem solving mindset to any challenging situation.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Communication – Demonstrated skills in both written and oral presentations
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal negotiation skill
- Strong leadership skills
- Outstanding sales and marketing skills
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations.
- Agility – Ability to deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a fast growing publicly traded organization.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of business plans and strategies
- Hold a pertinent university degree
- MBA or equivalent experience
- At least 15 years of experience in an overall commercial/business function having held executive roles in recognized innovative organizations. Must have 5 years in Management and Executive Position
- Experience at working in a “performance based” environment in order to foster it within the team.
- Experienced at representing the commercial function at the Senior Leadership Committee, as well as being an active contributor.
- Experience in a fast growth environment
- Experience of Nigerian Market and E-Commerce
- Kindly make the subject of the mail the job title
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 9th November, 2015