Established in 1994 as an asset management firm, ARM offers wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional asset management and alternative investment services.
We enable businesses to thrive, and help our clients to maximize their returns and realise their most important goals. For over two decades, we have built a firm uniquely equipped to achieve these objectives and our reputation for quality research, investment expertise and value-added services has endeared us to clients both locally and internationally.
Throughout our history, we have strategically positioned ourselves to take advantage of growth opportunities within Africa and major international markets on behalf of our clients. Our disciplined and consistent approach to investment management has helped us not only to maintain long-term relationships with our clients, but also to continue to attract and retain good people.
Job Title: Chief Commercial Officer
He will act and think as a leader. He will align the commercial department’s values while inspiring confidence and generating excitement, enthusiasm and commitment towards the mission.
- Handle special assignments, do in-depth analysis, follow up on key customers and work closely in concert with all members of the Senior Management Team.
- Responsible for the implementation and achievement of his Business Area’s mission, goals and financial objectives. Develop short and long-term plans and budgets for the department and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance. Ensure systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the department.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel. Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel.
- Develop strategic direction and plans for the company with regard to all commercial functions including sales, marketing, business development and customer support/customer experience.
- Manage sales operations organization, field sales organization, distributors and value-added-resellers to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Develop annual sales and marketing plans per region and per market verticals.
- Manage sales pipeline to ensure accurate and adequate lead inflow to reach targeted sales objectives.
- Develop and maintain initiatives in order to achieve up to date competitive analysis portfolio.
- Interact with the sales operations teams to ensure a smooth flow through process in the CRM system from the outset to the closing stage.
- Develop annual and long term budgets for revenues as well as expenses.
- Develop and monitor quality metrics to ensure outstanding service and customer support.
- Cultivate a culture of focused hard work and openness.
- Establish and monitor progress against key performance indicators.
- Identify and develop new market opportunities for the company’s product portfolio.
- Develop and drive the pricing strategy of the organization.
- Develop and administer incentive plans which entice individuals as well as teams to perform successfully against the objectives while respecting the budget.
- Elaborate a rolling three (3) year product roadmap in conjunction with the NPI (New Product Introduction) committee and lead its implementation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Hold a pertinent university degree.
- Experienced at representing the commercial function at the Management Committee and the BOD, as well as being an active contributor.
- At least 15 years of experience in an overall commercial/business function having held executive roles in recognized innovative organizations.
- Experience in a fast growth environment and a decentralized environment.
- Experience at working in a “performance based” environment in order to foster it within the team.
- Capacity to conceptualize as well as operationalize commercial strategies.
- Possess the required skills and standing to serve on the Management Committee.
- Ability to efficiently interact with board members.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Outstanding sales and marketing skills.
- Senior executive experience and presence.
- Superior organizational awareness.
- Experienced at managing diverse and geographically remote teams
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Problem solving – Brings a problem solving mindset to any challenging situation.
- Strategy Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex strategic topics and specialized information.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations.
- Agility – Ability to deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a fast growing organization.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of business plans and strategies.
- Communication – Demonstrated skills in both written and oral presentations.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to supervise and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply