Chemonics seeks food security technical specialists for USAID’s anticipated Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) 7 activity. This is the next phase of USAID’s flagship food security and early warning activity, which has become the standard for evidence-based decision-making for humanitarian needs. FEWS NET conducts timely, relevant, and evidence-based analyses on the causes, levels, and consequences of food insecurity, driving decision-making at the international, national, and local levels. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Job Title: Food security technical specialists
- Food security
- Information and communications technology
- Project communications
- Learning and knowledge sharing
- Market and trade analysis
- Capacity strengthening and network development
- Research design
- Data management
- Master’s degree in food security, development economics, international trade and development, public policy, agricultural economics, information and communications technology, communications, or a related field; a bachelor’s degree in a related field with eight years of relevant experience is also acceptable
- Broad knowledge of and experience working in developing countries
- Experience working on a USAID project preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent English (written and spoken) required
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience leading and managing teams
- Ability to successfully lead and manage challenging activities involving effective collaboration with local, regional, and international organization counterparts
How to Apply
Send electronic submissions to [email protected] by January 30, 2016. Please include “Food security technical specialists” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to [email protected] with only “food security technical specialists – FEWS NET 7” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics