Chemonics International Inc., a leading international development firm based in Washington. D.C seeks qualified candidate for a Five-year Agricultural Value-Chain Development Project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E)
Location: Abuja, with frequent travel to various intervention areas
Reporting Requirement: Supervised by M&E Specialist or Designee
Duration of Assignment: 6 Months
- Candidate will be responsible for analyzing and processing all value chain data applying problem solving skills to project challenges and recognizing opportunities for process improvement.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer is responsible for assisting in the monitoring and reporting of the performance indicators and results, developing methods and milestones to monitor progress towards project goals.
- He or She shall help to develop project strategy to ensure that project activities and assignments are carried out as planned and the project objectives are being achieved.
His/her main duties include but not limited to the following tasks:
- Develop and ensure application of effective monitoring, tracking and reporting systems, tools and templates that enable and enhance regular monitoring of outputs and program quality across the regions and generate quality evidence at various program levels
- Work with regional teams and service providers to ensure effective value chain M&E processes and mechanisms are in place, including supporting set up and ongoing technical support of the output tracker for outputs.
- Develop a thorough understanding of data collection abilities data processing procedures, and stakeholder needs.
- Maintain and update the e-Monitor system as necessary assist with data entry in thee Monitor system, USAlD/Nigeria Performance Reporting System (PRS) and Feed the Future Monitoring Systems (FTFMS).
- Actively participate in report production including formatting, layout, and design
- Efficiently track analyze report and update objectives activities indicators and results over the life of the project
- Assist in reviewing cost yield and income survey data for accuracy
- Provide technical support on project design, strategic development, and overall annual planning and reporting processes.
- Champion knowledge management through the sharing of evaluations and lessons learned from the project sites including the facilitation of sharing of recommendations and lessons learned from evaluations and other learning initiatives
- Work with the regional offices service providers and country office to identify M&E training and capacity building requirements, and to develop capacity building plans and coordination mechanisms for training delivery.
- Where necessary, provide trainings for the regional teams and technical staff on M&E systems, including essential procedures for design and M&E, project’s annual planning and reporting in compliance with the Quality Framework.
- Carry out any other assignment that may be assigned to him/her from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences including Agricultural Economics, Basic Sciences Statistics etc with professional training and working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation. Agricultural and value chain experience will be added advantage.
- At least 2 years demonstrated progressive experience in program monitoring and evaluation project planning and management in the context of a development project
- Past experience in use and applications of geographic information systems and computer-based field data collection techniques
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, excellent oral, writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent skills and ability to train staff and influence stakeholders and staff to employ M&E for effective programming.
- Ability to work as a team player foster goodwill and build coalitions with relevant groups organizations agencies and businesses private or public Willing to travel at least 60% of the time and work extra flours in meeting program deadlines.
- Excellent understanding and applications of computerized database development, system, processes, and applications.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in development of M&E tools data analysis data quality assessments, and data use.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Cover letter and CV in a single MS Word document detailing all relevant professional experience and achievements, including telephone number and email contact of at least three referees to: [email protected]
- Candidate should specify the position in the subject line
- Only qualified candidate will be contacted
Application Deadline 25th October, 2016.