Chemonics International Inc., a leading international development firm based in Washington. D.C seeks qualified candidate for a Five-year Agricultural Value-Chain Development Project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
Chemonics International is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Fund Liaison Officer
- Chemonics seeks a Global Fund Liaison. The liaison is responsible for providing overall strategic direction, leadership support, planning and management for the Global Fund’s interim warehousing and distribution needs in Nigeria.
- The Liaison will work closely with the Global Fund, their current Principal Recipients (the National Agency for the Control of AIDS and the Ministry of Health’s National Malaria Elimination Program), and the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Procurement and Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM).
- The Liaison will monitor programmatic, financial and administrative performance; supervise the administration of standard project operating and financial procedures; manage short and long term technical assistance; and maintain effective communication with the client, GHSC-PSM leadership, the Chemonics home office, the public and private sectors, and other USG cooperating agencies. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Maintain strong and positive working relationships with clients and partners including Global Fund, Government of Nigeria (GoN), GHSC-PSM Nigeria Country Director, USAID, and local governments.
- Identify and transfer historical and forward looking warehousing, distribution, and quality assurance (QA) data.
- Author, compile, review technical reports and deliverables as required.
- Organize and lead meetings with GHSC-PSM functional team leads and other relevant technical experts to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities of technical implementation to enable a seamless transition of operations.
- Work closely with the GHSC-PSM Nigeria country director and deputy country director to ensure the horizontal integration of the Chemonics Global Fund and GHSC-PSM teams.
- Adhere to Chemonics’ and the Global Fund policies and procedures in project management, including HR management, procurement, finance, and administration.
- Oversees local-local hire Global Fund Accountant; reviews and approves all local finances, projections, and cash flow.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies for warehousing and distribution services. Assess risks quarterly and implement risk management/mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders in the provision of assistance to build the capacity and capability of national systems.
- Report results of the projects’ work to the Global Fund, GoN Ministry of Health, other funders, and the Chemonics home office. Ensure the timely submission of all deliverables.
- Coordinate the management of warehousing and distribution orders under the Global Fund contract, working closely with all third party logistics (3PL) providers and the GHSC-PSM team in country, ensuring standard operating procedure (SOP) for both functions are established and adhered to, and that they have documented security and insurance plans.
- Identify, develop and maintain strategic alliances that will ensure the project works in close collaboration with other GoN, the Global Fund, USG, and donor-supported supply chain programs.
- Strategically identify capacity gaps and arrange for appropriate training of field staff.
- Develop, update, and implement performance monitoring plan that encompasses commodity security and logistics management indicators and includes project-wide performance measures.
- Oversee regular data collection and reporting and lead quarterly reviews of performance analysis to identify issues and drive evidence-based interventions.
- Advanced degree in Health or Management-related discipline. Additional years of experience may be substituted for an advanced degree
- Skilled in leading and managing high-performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills
- Prior experience in Nigeria and/or West Africa preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Minimum 8 years of experience and demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex donor-funded public health programs or projects in a developing country context
- Experience in public health program management, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, and/or supply chain management systems preferred
- Demonstrated ability to create efficiencies and lead operational transformation in large complex public health programs, preferably with experience in medical procurement, logistics or supply chain management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application to: [email protected] Please include “Global Fund Liason- Nigeria” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, Click here (pdf) to download and complete Chemonics’ Equal Employment Opportunity Self-Identification Form and submit it separately to: [email protected] with only “Global Fund Liason- Nigeria” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.”
Application Deadline 15th September, 2016.