Chemonics is an international development consulting company that helps governments, businesses, civil society groups, and communities promote meaningful change so people can live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Chemonics International is recruiting for the following:
Job Title: IT Consultant
This is a temporary, full-time position based in Abuja, Nigeria with periodic travel required. It is anticipated to be a six-month assignment with the option of extension. The IT consultant will be expected to work a 40-hours workweek during this period. The IT consultant reports to and is directly supervised by the MARKETS II Finance and Administration Manager.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Set up and configure new machines in conformity with the project’s/USAID’s standards
- Promptly setup new users in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and administer backend proprietary mail server
- Coordinate with existing ISPs for Abuja, Lagos, and Kano offices on quarterly subscriptions and commitments to 99.9% uptime service
- Support the IT needs for different meetings or conferences by setting up laptops and projectors for PowerPoint presentations
- Oversee the IT systems in place in Kano and Lagos offices so that their IT systems are effective and allow for a productive work environment
- Provide IT support for MARKETS II staff at Enugu State Government ADP Enugu office and PIND Warri Office
- Produce work products in conformity with Chemonics’ and clients’ standards
- Uphold confidentiality of all project internal documents on the server
- Oversee the physical internet setup of the office to ensure maintenance is provided as necessary to ensure continued optimal service
- Manage active directory server, firewall, and a complex local area network (LAN)
- Oversee network security by making sure all computers have anti-virus/internet security software; run regular scans to keep systems and local area network safe
- Ensure that the server is functioning properly and back up of the shared drive is made each day and bi-weekly on the offsite back up drive
- Administer the shared drive to ensure access controls are in place for various folders
- Track and monitor help desk issues and time to respond to each request to ensure and document adequate client service
- Other duties as assigned
- Four-year degree or certificate in field related to information technology required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an IT position required
- Excellent working capabilities with MS Office
- Experience with donors and USAID is preferred
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills, attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Certification from Comptia (A+), CISCO (CCNA) or Microsoft (MCSE) is preferred
- Good interpersonal skills, honesty, and commitment to excellence
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with project staff, USAID Mission personnel, and the general development and business community
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, updated CV, and the names and contact information for three recent professional references to [email protected] by June 21, 2016.
Please include “IT Consultant” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.