RusselSmith Group is a company created to service the needs of the global Oil and Gas exploration and production industry utilizing Rope Access Technology as primary means of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Chartek Certified Painter
Job Reference Code: RS-OPS-009
Job Type: Contractor
Functional Area: Operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares, primes, sands, seals, patches and paints furniture, surfaces, buildings, and fixtures utilizing all types of painting
- materials such as varnish, lacquer, shellac, enamel, latex, epoxy, water-proofing and heat resistant finishes.
- Tapes, flushes, repairs and applies texturing, wallpaper, and acoustic layers on a variety of surfaces.
- Graffiti response and removal using a variety of available products and soda blasting.
- Operates, cleans and maintains all painting equipment, including brush, roll, sprayers and electrostatic sprayers, pumps, etc.
- Monitor valves and gauges during coating machine operation to eliminate defects. Adjust spray flow, air circulation and temperature.
- Assists in the writing of specifications for repairs and new construction.
- Maintains appropriate service and repair records.
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
- May train and direct the work of other classified staff in the area.
- Safely stores and labels all materials.
- Maintains and repairs soda blasting compressor and accessories.
- Estimates time and materials required; keeps computerized records and submits reports of work performed.
- Erects scaffolding, rigging and ladders as necessary in a manner consistent with safety codes.
- Reads and understands blueprints.
- Utilize mixing equipment and pumps to transfer mixes into spray guns.
- Applies several coats for certain products including anti-corrosive material to automobiles and varnish to furniture before finishing with coats of paint
- Adjusts colors when necessary; utilizes enhanced finishing skills when appropriate.
- Applies materials to new construction, existing, multi-story buildings, alterations, and remodeling.
- Offers assistance and advice on materials, designs, and color.
- Perform other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- 3 – 5years offshore experience is desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Good housekeeping standards
- Strong safety skills
- Committed to delivering a timely and professional service to clients.
- Rope access certification (IF REQUIRED)
- Experience in painting operations in an Offshore Environment
- Certified Chartek Painter
- Valid BOSIET or HUET Offshore Certification
- Full UKOOA Medical
- Wide knowledge and vast experience in Painting
- Basic Certificate in Painting
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online