- Motivate and facilitate supporters to maximize the funds they raise
- Inspire new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters
- Organize traditional activities, such as sponsored outdoor events and house-to-house collections of donated goods and money
- Develop new and imaginative fundraising activities, many of which involve organizing events
- Raise awareness of the charity and its work at local and national levels, e.g. by giving talks to groups or seek photo opportunities with the media;
- Develop and coordinate web-based fundraising, online auctions and merchandise sales;
- Increase funds by researching and targeting charitable trusts whose criteria match the charity’s aims and activities
- Develop and implement a strategy for individual and corporate supporter
- Recruit, organize and manage volunteers to carry out various functions
- Oversee corporate fundraising, including matched giving from employers
- Manage and update databases to record donor contact and preference information
- Write applications and mail-shots, using direct mailing to reach a wide range of potential and current donors
- Make risk analyses and balance time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
- Commitment to the cause of the charity
- Ability to build and maintain relationships: a crucial skill fundraising
- Creativity, imagination and an entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising
- Proactive attitude, drive and enthusiasm to carry out projects to conclusion
Ability to influence others with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to motivate others and work as part of a team
- Resilience, particularly when faced with setbacks
- Sensitivity to the needs of volunteers and donors
- Willingness to carry out a range of administrative tasks, as many charities need their staff to be multiskilled.
- University Degree from a recognized institution
- At least 2 years experience in related capacity.
- Applicant must reside within Lagos State.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CVs to: [email protected]