Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world.
CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is recruiting to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Title: Database/MEAL Officer
The Database/MEAL Officer will support the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager focusing on data collection and management related to the 4Children Nigeria activities. It is expected that the majority of his/her time will be allocated to tracking project indicators, the progress of PEPFAR OVC IP, State and Network sustainability plans and s/he will support assessments and operations research activities as needed. The Database/MEAL Officer will be responsible for developing forms, databases, manage data encoding and maintaining the database accessible to an analysis of the project. The Database/MEAL Officer will report to the MEAL Manager.
- Support the MEAL Manager in the collection, compilation and analysis of project data.
- Work with external consultant on data collection and data input of GIS facility catchment area mapping.
- Support MEAL Manager in the adaptation/development of tools for data collection during assessments, operations research, and regular MEAL activities.
- Develop controls, verification and correction of errors in the data to ensure its quality.
- Design and prepare reports based on the collected data.
- Develop guides and information manuals for database use by all levels of staff and stakeholders.
- Train and mentor partners in the use of databases and database information.
- Use appropriate technology to support project MEAL (e.g., GIS, mobile data collection)
- Provide data and reports to program staff, management, consultants, partners and other stakeholders.
- Ensure all activities are aligned with the CRS MEAL policies and procedures.
- Develop, manage and maintain databases of 4Children Nigeria project ensuring compliance with the CRS MEAL policies and procedures.
- Manage and maintain the data for the project in the DATIM system (required for PEPFAR projects).Assist MEAL Manager in the development of methodologies and training of field workers to collect data and coordination of data entry
- Maintain the database to allow effective monitoring and reporting of project specific indicators and facilitate data use by the project team.
- Provide support in the operationalization of the development of the project MEAL system, including the continuous updating of the indicator performance tracking table.
- University degree in Computer Management, Monitoring & Evaluation or related field.
- At least 3-4 years of work experience in database management and/or MEAL, preferably with international NGOs.
- Ability to work under pressure and with multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of team.
- Prior experience with GIS mapping software and PEPFAR programs is an asset.
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Power-Point and Outlook; familiarity with network analysis software a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of database management systems MS Access, SQL Server and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Good knowledge of statistical analysis software such as SPSS and / or STATA.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies/applications/computer programs quickly (e.g., iFormbuilder, ArcGIS)
- Demonstrated ability to train data collectors and ensure high-quality data
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience working in a multicultural context.
Travel: S/he will be expected to travel frequently within Nigeria and potentially outside of Nigeria to attend conferences, workshops or other project activities.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should download the CRS Application Form and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a one-word document to [email protected]
This position is for Nigerian Nationals only