Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (CCFN) in collaboration with CRS/Nigeria is implementing the Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods project (FTFNLP) funded by USAID Nigeria.
Based in rural communities in Northern Nigeria’s and Federal Capital Territory (FCT), FTFNLP will use a multi-sector approach that will help 42,000 very poor households (HHs) grow their agriculture production, incomes and children (through improved nutrition) and help strengthen community and government systems to support these gains.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Agriculture Program Manager
Job Code: 00152015
Category: Finance Management
Shift: 8 AM to 5 PM
Job Type: Full Time
- Maintain the organization’s financial database, including both budget and actual ledgers, ensuring that approved transactions are posted to the Sun System on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all asset, expense and liability accounts, especially severance, are updated regularly
- Ensure that all revenue especially in-kind contributions are recorded accurately on a daily basis
- Verify cash disbursement vouchers, cash receipt vouchers and general journal vouchers for accuracy and completeness prior to posting into the accounting system
- Maintain an accurate, timely and complete (electronic) financial systems month-end, yearend closing processes
- Maintain complete documentation for all finance transactions and issues
- Ensure correct and timely monthly reconciliation of Cash Accounts, Cash in transit and Payables/Receivables Accounts
- Maintain correct monthly cost allocation calculations prior to posting into the Sun System
- Prepare with finance staff and conduct regular analysis of the Trial balance, the monthly General Ledger and Budget comparisons Reports, and other financial analysis reports.
- Keep abreast of all tax, revenue and other Government of Nigeria laws and codes.
- A Degree in Accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook and sun system, a must.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel at least 50% of time
- ACA will be an added advantage
- Five years of working experience in NGO or INGO
- Excellent training and facilitation skills
- Understanding of U.S Government grant provisions and guidelines, including reporting requirements
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required
- Understanding of faith-based organizations and capacity-building in local partnerships
- Familiarity with policies, procedures, and priorities of CDC, USAID and Caritas agencies
- Experience in staff development and partner capacity
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send application letter, with attached copies of their CV’s to:[email protected]
Application Deadline 12th November, 2015.