Konga is Nigeria’s largest online marketplace. We launched in July 2012 and our mission is to become the engine of ecommerce and trade in Africa.
We serve an ever expanding customer base, offering products that span various categories including Phones, Computers, Clothing, Shoes, Home Appliances, Books, Healthcare, Baby Products, personal care and much more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Manager (Men’s Apparel)
Ref No: 151002-1
Business Unit: Konga
Job Type: Full-Time
Reporting Line: Head, Fashion / Head General Merchandising
- The role is responsible for managing products category and suppliers of various products.
- The category manager will be responsible for a large portfolio of different retail brands and developing appropriate strategies for each brands and products
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor inventory of all supplies
- Responsible for maintaining a productive relationship with vendors / suppliers
- Collaborate with suppliers and resolve issues in invoices
- Negotiate pricing, payment terms and margins with all suppliers
- Responsible for sales and order targets weekly and monthly
- Ensure the associate buyers are merchandising the site with the best products
- Ensure the category tree in updated and new sub – categories added
- Responsible for online and offline category sales, marketing and promotion
- Responsible for reducing stock out
- Responsible for Profit Cost 1, Profit Cost 2 and overall margin performance
- Negotiate payments days with all suppliers
- Source for outright and consignment suppliers
- Source new international and local suppliers daily
- Responsible for executing open to buy as per Merchandise Planners suggestions
- Analyse business and open to buy with Merchandise planners
- Always be aware of best sellers and make sure they are replenished
- Work with marketing on promotional programs
Skills & Competencies:
- Efficient in the use of MS Office Suite
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and Written)
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be analytical
- Excellent Negotiation skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any reputable University.
- 3-4 years’ work experience in the field of business, relationship management, sales and marketing
- MBA / Post graduate will be an advantage especially in the field of merchandising or retail management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 6th October, 2015.