GIBADI, Africa’s #1 Online Industrial Store, is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Manager
- Gibadi is looking for talented, driven and experienced Category Managers to lead multiple categories within the online store. If you are inspired by a new challenge, the thought of contributing to Gibadi’s growth in a significant way, and leading a team to do it, this is the position for you.
- A Category Manager has the responsibility of maximizing top line and bottom line for the Specific Categories.
- Improves Buyer experience and excite customers to increase conversion.
- Drives Business growth and Market Share of the Specific Category with strong product, competition and consumer analytics, contributes in development of periodic Financial Plans and Projections, and contributes in the product communication development on the site, creation and execution of the Sales and Promotion Plans.
The Categories are listed as follows:
- Safety Gear and Safety & Security
- Electrical & Power Tools
- Office Supplies and Janitorials
- Machine controls and Test equipment
- Will have a proven track record of minimum three plus Years in building selections, be highly skilled in negotiating and will think outside of the box to grow and expand the product offering.
- Identifying industrial hubs for the category and generating lead generation for the category
- Provides timely information on consumer insights
- Contributes in creation of sales plans and completely owns up the execution of the same to maximize sales
- Monitoring product life cycle of every product in the category and take early calls for opportunity maximization
- Executes inter-category / intra-category events and sales promotions.
- Responsible for improving Buyer Experience for the Category
- Act as the business owner for his or her categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact our business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the category, along with responsibility for driving strategic projects and promotions to achieve business objectives)
- Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments Increasing number of suppliers for the product, in terms of delivering Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Annual – Revenue, Margin targets etc
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and drive results
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2-3 years post-NYSC relevant work experience.
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, with excellent attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd November, 2015.