A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact. All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Job Role: Global BAI Lead – Internal Medicine and Inflammation & Immunology
There is a preference for this position to sit in New York, NY
At Pfizer, we have brought our global analytics capabilities across R&D and commercial under one powerful new organization – Global Business Analytics (GBA). By looking at the rich data across the full drug development and marketing lifecycle, this team drives insights to action for some of the most critical business questions for the company. Ranging from which assets and new business ventures to invest in to how we can communicate most effectively with our patients and healthcare professionals to what are the industry and competitive signals we should look at in a changing health landscape, GBA serves as the compass and decision support for the enterprise.
The Global BAI Lead is accountable for leading a global team and partnering with global BU leadership to understand strategic business needs, frame key issues and interface with GBA functional areas to ensure delivery of high quality services to the BU. Global BAI Lead must be a proactive thought partner, strong people leader, outstanding project manager and organizational change agent.
Reporting to the VP of GBA, the Global BAI Lead will be responsible for setting a vision and providing day-to-day leadership and supervision for a large global team of colleagues within GBA.
Strategic Thought Leadership
• Serve as strategic, analytic advisor to members of ELT, category presidents, regional presidents and brand leads in support of Internal Medicine categories (CV, Metabolic, Neuro, Pain, I&I) .
• Lead a global team of ~50-75 BU-Aligned colleagues and be accountable for ~$50-$75m BU-Aligned budget and appropriate resource allocation
• Proactively engage and act as the lead thought partner to identify and deliver analytics solutions that address category needs and ensure GBA solutions are aligned to and support the key strategic issues for the category.
• Drive knowledge management, consistent delivery of BAI services, and identify and maximize cross-category synergies.
• Develop a distinct focus on assigned categories and maintain executive level lines of engagement to deliver core insights
• Partner with Scaled Analytics Lead to identify fragments of capabilities with potential to be scaled across GBA and hand-off those capabilities to Scaled Analytics team
• Morph into a proactive thought leader and in turn, a thought partner for core clients to extend GBA’s value proposition and impact
• Negotiate budget, service levels, and operating plan with category, regional and brand leaders.
• Build and foster effective external relationships and influence to help ensure analytics drives competitive advantage for Pfizer.
• Define key performance measures and benchmarks and develop methods for tracking to ensure continuous improvement
• Build and sustain strong collaborative working relationship across GBA, SPCO and Pfizer.
• Partners with GBA functional areas, category and SPCO Leads to improve and create new solutions.
• Execute results across a complex organizational matrix and a rapidly changing external environment.
• Provide leadership, mentoring and development guidance to GBA members; ensuring effective leadership and development throughout the GBA function.
Lead an Engaged and Motivated Team
• Set group vision as well as lead and supervise a team of highly motivated and skilled professionals while being the executive interface for the commercial team across GBA
• Foster an environment and culture that is characterized by high performance, impactful work, strong engagement, customer focus, innovation and pride
• Proactively work to identify and encourage career development opportunities that will support the professional development goals of each team member
• Develop and maintain processes, tools, and training to support colleagues to ensure professional development and advancement
• Serve as an active member of the GBA leadership team
Professional Experience and Educational Requirements
• Strong strategic, conceptual and analytical thinking combined with the ability to lead and build relationships with key stakeholders to quickly understand business strategies, identify analytics needs and build effective solutions.
• Demonstrates strong leadership, influencing, negotiation and communication skills.
• Demonstrated business and therapeutic area acumen as well as the capability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional and discrete manner.
• Track record of achievement in relationship management and influence with Senior Leaders.
• 15+ years of strong multi-discipline experience, with a preference for experience in the pharmaceutical industry, management consulting, investment banking and/or strategy
• Experienced leader of leaders with prior experience leading a regional or global team including management of internationally dispersed (virtual based) colleagues and leaders.
• Proven ability to recognize interactions between insights, identify trends, proactively recognize future business needs and link them to current and future analytics.
• Demonstrates excellent talent management and talent growth
• Exceptional change and transformation leader who can demonstrate a background of thriving in change situations
• Significant experience working directly with company executives
• Strong team player, ability to maintain strong cross-functional and cross–team ties to influence colleagues outside direct reporting structure.
• MBA or equivalent advanced degree required
• Extensive experience leading and achieving results through matrix organisations
• Experienced in budget management and resource allocation
Professional and Leadership Characteristics
• Influential leader: Clearly articulates expectations, capabilities and action plans; actively listens with others’ frame of reference in mind; readily shares information with team; favorably influences people without direct authority;
• Talent developer: Properly assesses colleagues readiness to accomplish a task and, if requested, provides the appropriate level of coaching to assist that colleague to achieve a successful result
• Confident, self-starter: Takes initiative; eager to challenge status quo; makes informed decisions; and operates successfully in an empowered organization.
• Analytical: Demonstrates exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
• Exceptional communicator: Can readily align interpersonal style with the individual needs of their customers, can readily understand, translate and distill the complex into commentary that enables senior managers to fully comprehend key issues at hand
• Networked relationship manager: Builds long-term, trusted relationships with individuals from all levels of the organization (both in and outside of GBA) understanding individual goals and objectives to ensure future alignment
• Extensive collaborator: Manages projects with and through others; shares responsibility and credit; develops self and others through teamwork; helps others take appropriate risks; communicates frequently with other team members earning the respect and trust of the team
• Strong project manager: Clearly articulates scope and deliverables of projects; breaks complex initiatives into detailed component parts and sequences actions appropriately; develops action plans and monitors progress independently.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
On the proceeding page, select Nigeria – All Locations, then click on Search
Application Deadline: 08/17/2016