Strategy Consulting is one of four key pillars for Palladium. Palladium develops and delivers solutions that have positive impacts for communities, businesses, societies and economies.
Position Description: Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) of Proposed Cassava Processing Plant
Palladium Develops And Delivers Solutions That Create Positive Impact For Communities, Businesses, Societies And Economies. We Transform Lives And Create Enduring Value By Working With Governments, Corporations And Non-profit Organisations. Palladium Is Built On The Idea That Progress Will Be Supported By Four Key Pillars
· International Development
· Strategy Execution Consulting
· Impact Investment
· Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
The West Africa Food Markets Pilot Programme (WAFM) is a five-year DIFD-funded initiative implemented by The Palladium Group which seeks to increase the availability of staple foods and purchasing power of farmers in food-insecure regions of the Sahel as well as to increase their resilience to hunger and malnutrition during the regular hungry seasons and periodic shocks.
The purpose of this assignment is to establish the possible environmental and social impact of the proposed cassava processing plant of Psaltry International Company Limited prior to completing and signing grant agreement between the company and West Africa Food Markets Programme.
· Ascertain the possible environmental and social impacts of the grain processing factory;
· Identify potential environmental and social risks of the plant in the medium to long term;
· Define necessary steps to manage, mitigate, and monitor any possible negative impacts during the construction and operational phases of the project;
· Assemble, evaluate and present relevant baseline data on the environmental characteristics of the study area.
The consultancy services should be conducted by a technical person(s) with experience and qualifications in anyof the following:
· A professional degree related to processing in the agriculture sector with at least 10 years applied experience;
· A professional degree in environment science, natural resource management or equivalent; have at least 10 years applied experience of work in resource management, conservation and development of agribusinesses;
· A professional degree in social science, economics or equivalent; have at least 10 years applied experience of conducting socio-economic analysis and assessment for agribusinesses; and preferably have experience in Nigeria;
· In addition the consultant will have experience in development economics, rural development, business development and general agriculture.
Candidates from West Africa are strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply