Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) Limited is a vibrant and innovative company committed to the goal of developing human capital in organisations for exceptional business results.
We build organisations to achieve optimum performance by developing their human capacity to peak productivity levels
Job Title: Executive Secretary
Reporting Line: Governing Council
Supervises: Administrative Officer
Job Categorization Level: Manager Level
- To ensure proper management of the Association and Governing Council’s documentation.
- To provide administrative support to the Governing Council to ensure fulfilment of its mandate
- To ensure that the Association is well represented among other similar Association s locally and internationally
- To coordinate Council and Committee(s) meetings
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for writing and keeping Association records, books, and ensuring that proper proceedings of the Governing Council are maintained
- Arrange, attend and take minutes of Governing Council and Committee Meetings
- Support the Governing Council, in evaluating membership recruitment and engagement strategy
- Liaise with banks’ senior officials and directors on behalf of the Association
- Liaise with similar organizations both locally and internationally
- Assist in the development of the strategy and policies for the Association
- Generate income for the Association
- Manage the Board director level programme(s) for the Association
- Manage and maintain budgets
- Assist Council members with the preparation of technical/research papers for presentation to diverse audiences
- Conduct research and compile data to support the work of the Council
- Prepare proposals for consideration by the Council
- Set-up and oversee administrative policies and procedures for the Association
- Implement the corporate strategy of the Association
- Manage the Association’s relation with Senior Officials of the Banks.
- Responsible for the management and administration of Human Resources functions in the Secretariat
- Supervise support staff – staff development, coaching, etc
- Assist in Media publicity and management regarding the Association’s activities, press releases and other events. Organizes President’s media interviews and coordinate the media coverage and reporting of Association special events, including forum, seminars and business luncheons. Also circulate press releases and other important information to media houses, both print and electronic for reporting purposes
- Organize the Association’s events and other activities.
- Coordinate courtesy visits by Association
- Create and maintain a databank of Association key stakeholders
- Participate actively in the internal publication of the Association ’s magazine named ‘The Nigerian Bank Director’, as Head of the Editorial Team
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations
- Liaise with company auditors, tax consultant, company secretary & other third parties, for filing annual returns with CAC, pension administration, tax matters, etc
- Plan and coordinate the Association ’s Annual General Meeting
- Manage the insurance policies of the Association
- Other duties as assigned by the Governing Council
Key Performance Indicators
- Time taken in sending meeting notices and papers
- Quality of work submitted to Governing Council
- Amount of rework required on work submitted
Qualifications and Key Skills
- Minimum of 10 years experience
- First degree in Law or business related fields
- Masters’ degree is an advantage
- Experience in developing and managing high network relationships
- Self-starter with a keen focus on meticulous follow through
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills
- Advisory Capacity
- Problem Solving Ability.
- Analytical and evaluative skills.
- Resource Optimization.
- Organization Ability.
- Building and team coordination.
Job Title: Farm Project Manager
The Farm Project Manager’s primary responsibility will be planning the farm development for maximum yield, organising farm administration, working machinery, and organising associated activities. The position will be responsible for managing the farm from strategic planning through to implementation; ecological surveys, liaising with farmers, layout of farm production process and providing agronomic advice to the management. The Farm Project Manager will also be responsible for managing key relationships.
- Direct and coordinate activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, and recordkeeping
- Demonstrate new agricultural discoveries to staff and farm communities
- Identify crop varieties with commercial potential and encourage adoption by local farmers
- Manage relationships with government officials, regulatory bodies, community leaders and farmers
- Planning finances and production to maintain farm progress against budget parameters
- Liaise with farmers on management of crop production
- Ensuring that the farm is profitable and meets projected financial targets
- Analyze market conditions to determine acreage allocations
- Arranging the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
- Maintaining and monitoring the quality of crop yield
- Ensuring that farm activities comply with government regulations
- Provide guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems, or process-related topics
- Maintaining knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them
- Record information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports
- Determine procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy
- Analyze soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizerer required for maximum production
- Applying health and safety standards across the farm
- Protecting the environment and maintaining biodiversity
- Prepare annual farm plan, goals and objectives
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of work experience, with at least 3 years of experience developing and executing agricultural projects
- Experience in commercial farming management will be preferable
- Farm management including irrigation management will be preferable
- Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership of staff
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Agricultural Extension Services
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management
- Strategic thinking and strong execution skills
- Exceptional Project Management skills
- Project Planning, Reporting & Control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and ability to build and lead effective teams
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Reporting Line: The Honorary Treasurer
The Internal Control and Compliance Manager is responsible for broad internal control activities including; development and training on policies and significant coordination with internal and external auditors. Work with the management team on overall compliance and corporate governance.
- Critically and continually review and assess risk & internal controls in Club processes using risk management & internal controls best practices.
- In conjunction with management, conduct, planned & ad-hoc risk & internal control assessments of all Clubs’ processes. Report on results, agree action plans, deadlines and responsibilities with department Heads and ensure full implementation of audit findings.
- Ongoing maintenance of the company’s policies and procedures and regular communication of the policies and procedures to staff.
- Test & sign off new controls for Club operations processes prior to implementation as directed by Board/Management.
- Maintenance of the schedule of contracts and the schedule of guarantees.
- Investigate, report and implement corrective actions for all internal, external theft and fraud incidents
- Support on investigations highlighted from the Club’ Operation team relating to missing stock/shrinkage issues identified, and ensure that Retail shrinkage is reported correctly and timely to Area.
- Be responsible for directing, coaching, advising and supporting Club in achieving statutory compliance.
- Work in close relation with management team to review, improve and harmonize processes and update policies and controls accordingly.
- Training, guidance and compliance testing on Health & Safety, Business Continuity within the Market
- Conduct internal controls & profit protection assessments of other subsidiaries within the area
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Performing analytical procedures on expected or unexpected variances in members’ account balances or classes of transactions
- Review operations to ascertain whether or not results are consistent with the established objectives or whether or not such programs are being carried out as planned.
- Researching and assessing how well risk management processes are working and recording the results using software such as Microsoft Word and Excel;
- providing ad hoc advice and guidance to managers and staff at all levels, sometimes by delivering courses and training sessions;
- performing risk assessments on key business activities and using this information to guide what to cover in audits;
- anticipating emerging issues through research and interviews and deciding how best to deal with them;
- providing support and guidance to management on how to handle new opportunities;
- agreeing recommendations with relevant staff members to make improvements to operations and helping to secure backing for them in meetings;
- preparing reports to highlight issues and problems and distributing the reports to the relevant people;
Qualifications and Key Skills
- 5+ years of audit experience
- First degree in Accounting or Finance and professional membership with ICAN, CIA or ACA qualification is required.
- Experience in COSO implementation
- Experience of Risk management, Security and Audit
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, E-card Commerce Platform, Peachtree (SAGE) and other accounting software and databases.
- Internal investigations experience preferable
- Effective communication and team work skills
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor
- The ability to use your own initiative.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply