Capital Club Lagos is Nigeria’s first 5-star private business and social club. The Club is conveniently located in the heart of Victoria Island, an affluent area of Lagos Island.
The Capital Club has lounges, dining rooms, bedrooms, spacious rooftop terraces, bars, private meeting rooms, outdoor bar and dining, a cigar lounge, and a rooftop garden. The Club is designed to meet the demands of those from the top echelons of business, finance and government, those who are powering the city’s growth and turning Lagos into ‘the magnet of West Africa’.
Capital Club Lagos is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
- The General Manager (“GM”) is a visible, energetic and ethical leader who serves as the Chief Operating Officer of the Club (“Club”) and has overall responsibility for the management of all operations of the Club.
- Further, the GM actively interfaces with the Executive Committee of the Board and the Board Committee Chairs, facilitating meetings, implementing/monitoring programs and initiatives, and providing reports on Club activities and programs.
- The GM develops, maintains and promotes a management philosophy that culminates in Member satisfaction and employee engagement, while consistently achieving the mandates of the annual/long term financial and strategic plans.
- The GM reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for carrying out the Club’s policies, adhering to the protocols of the Club’s governance documents and modeling the behaviors of the Club’s mission and values.
- Member satisfaction through outstanding service, communication and teamwork
- Rapport and trust with staff at every level of the organization
- Responsible for all elements of the Club financial management, operations and staff, in accordance with the approved business plan, budget and management and license agreements
- Executive member of all committees attending all board and committee meetings, unless directed otherwise
- Employment of all non-management employees, and with the approval of SCI, all management level employees
- Entire club operation including but not limited to: financial performance, membership sales, food quality and service, membership, the use and condition of all club facilities, the rental of club rooms, the annual budget, member satisfaction, events, staffing and community relations
- Available at the club at such times as necessary to carry out his or her responsibilities including evenings
- Jonas and Point of Sale systems are used to optimum level at club
- Budgeting and planning for the operation of the club in conjunction with SCI
- Accountability for the annual operating/capital budget and human resources workforce programs
- Strategic planning, inclusive of balancing the return on investment with the expansion of services/programs that reflect the dynamic needs of the Membership
- Vendor management and stewardship of resources
- Integration of programs and activities into a seamless operating model that enhances the reputation and brand of the Club in the community and fosters the “family club” experience for the Membership
- Liaise with Club owners/shareholders/business principles
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply