Mercy Corps, an International Humanitarian Organisation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a very strategic position within our Empowering Nigerian Girls in New Enterprises (ENGINE) Program. We are looking for a motivated individual, who is enthusiastic about the work we do and is looking to work within a dynamic team.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Capacity Building Training Consultant Job at Mercy Corps
Job Position: Capacity Building Training Consultant
- Mercy Corps is partnering with the MacArthur Foundation through the Partnership to Strengthen Innovation and Practice in Secondary Education (PSIPSE) in the Girls Opportunities for Advancing Literacy (GOAL) program, to increase girls financial literacy and economic assets in secondary education in Kano State, Nigeria.
- Mercy Corps Nigeria seeks to engage interested and qualified candidate as capacity building training consultant for the GOAL project, based in Kano state.
Scope of Work
- The GOAL project requires the services of a capacity building training consultant, to build the capacity of 26 schools counsellors to help empower adolescent girls make informed decision on career choices, develop employability and work readiness skills.
- The consultant will deliver on the following set of deliverables to the GOAL project:
- Development of detailed training materials and facilitators guide – 2 Days
- Conduct training for 26 school counsellors – 1 Day
- Prepare and submit final report on the outcome of the training – 1 Day
- Total – 4 Days
Output from the Consultant:
- 26 School Counsellors and head teachers trained and capacity build on career training and work readiness skills for girls
- Work plan developed by school counsellors on 5 days career events
- Training materials and facilitators guide developed for school counsellors
- BA/S or equivalent in Education, Management, Social Sciences, International Development or other relevant field
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and communications skills in English and Hausa Language
- A good knowledge of the intervention communities of Kano state
- Experience in innovative facilitation skills for optimum group; participation
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter, with the subject tittle: “GOAL Capacity Building Training Consultant”, to: [email protected]
Application Closing Date
24th of July, 2015.