CAMRIS International is a growing international development and research firm with experience working in more than 80 countries. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. CAMRIS applies a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring Specialist, Nigeria
Type: Temporary Part-Time
- CAMRIS seeks a Monitoring Specialist to provide in person performance monitoring and evaluation (M&E) technical assistance to Abuja, Nigeria-based grantees implementing an anti-corruption/transparency program focused on the education and energy sectors.
- The consultant will work from their home, but will be required to conduct in-person meetings on a regular basis with grantees in and nearby Abuja.
- Shortlisted consultants will be required to provide relevant work samples and references.
- The consultancy will be approximately sixty days over the next year, with the potential for similar level of effort over the next two project option years.
- Provide M&E technical assistance to grantees including: developing and refining monitoring plans, setting and developing indicators, logical frameworks, data collection tools, etc.
- Ensure that grantee M&E strategies align with good practice with respect to monitoring anti-corruption and transparency interventions.
- Ensure that grantees are positioned to support a planned external evaluation of the portfolio.
- Ensure effective implementation of grantee and funder monitoring objectives.
- Lead and support data quality assessments, as required.
- Assist grantees draft and finalize reports to donor.
- Build grantee M&E capacity for meaningful M&E, through training and mentoring.
- Facilitate multi day M&E capacity building workshops in Abuja with CAMRIS M&E team for grantees implementing anti-corruption activities on a range of M&E technical to more administrative topics such as reporting.
- Advanced university degree or JD in Political Science, Law, Political Economy, Government, International Development or Affairs, Democracy and Governance, Economics, Conflict Resolution or a similar field.
- English fluency is required and Hausa and/or Yoruba is preferred.
- Must have laptop with MS Word and Excel.
- Must have access to reliable internet and telephone connection.
- Must be able to maintain discretion and adhere to security and nondisclosure protocols.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Workshop facilitation experience highly desired.
- At least seven years of experience in M&E, three of which must be in Nigeria.
- At least five years of experience providing M&E technical assistance, capacity building and training to grantee/implementing partners to develop their monitoring plans.
- Subject matter expertise in Nigerian democracy and governance sectors. Knowledge of retail level anti-corruption efforts in Nigeria’s education and energy sectors is highly preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply