Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Business Manager (Investment Banking) Job Vacancy at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Job Position: Business Manager (Investment Banking)
Job ID: 12858
To provide support to the management of Investment Banking and business heads within the IB covering:
- Financial and management control including budgeting and reporting.
- Risk & compliance,
- Credit-related support and.
- Management of relationship with internal clients such as Client Coverage, TPS, Credit, Finance and Risk management and other internal clients as may be required to effectively manage business performance.
The job holder will therefore be expected to:
- Provides timely and relevant client performance data and market intelligence for effective management decision making: weekly and monthly performance reports in relation to income, expenses, pipelines, key client activity, etc
- Quality control and management of all Business reporting and MIS for IB, Corp Fin and DS
- Financial Control – Performance Monitoring and Variance analysis
- Be able to gather, interpret, analyze and present both financial and non financial information
- Provide adhoc reports and presentations for IB from time to time.
Financial & Management Control Functions:
- Preparation of budgets for Investment Banking and its constituent units
- Monitoring budget vs performance
- Manage the General Ledger for IB, including Cost/profit Centre codes
- Assist with the management of the IB’s financial reports and other performance management targets including revenue and costs.
- Prepare weekly and month-end reports for management use – Internal Exco purposes as well as for matrix reporting purposes
- Preparation of Presentations for performance reporting purposes
- Work with stakeholders to “project manage” agreed actions arising from management meetings
- Liaise with Finance department on recognition of income and tax related issues.
- Keep and maintain adequate records of all business performance management data.
- Invoice tracking for IB.
Risk & Compliance Functions
- Liaising with Risk & Compliance on behalf of the IB.
- Managing the Risk Self Control Assessment Grid and coordinating the implementation of action points in the grid.
- Acting as custodian of Risk & Compliance policies on behalf of the IB and monitoring compliance with same.
- Preparing risk-related reports as and when needed.
Credit & Business Support Functions Supports Deal Teams in the following areas:
- Assist in Annual Credit reviews for transactions in Investment Banking
- Track and monitor client product utilisations and revenue reporting
- Review provisioning of classified Risk Assets in IB’s loan book
- Other Functions
- Preparing files for the annual audit process and assist in discussing, responding and reacting to comments raised by the Audit division;
- Keeping abreast of developments in the local, regional and international Financial markets;
- Ensuring all requisite administration and filing matters in relation to function are maintained and up to date;
- Assisting senior members of the IB and business heads in day-to-day work as delegated and carrying out other duties as required by the job;
- Ensuring that the policies and procedures of the bank are being followed.
- Preparing Ad-hoc financial and other reports and presentations for IB
- Liaise with IT on capturing/treatment/reporting of IB transactions on the Bank’s Banking application.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
19th of June, 2015.