The Place – We are a world class fast growing dynamic hospitality company that is an industry leader as well as innovator with existing opportunities for advancement for brilliant forward thinking professionals. In line which our business objectives, the company is currently undergoing a rapid organic growth phase propelled by the rollout of new outlets in quick successions. To this end, we are looking to fill senior managerial positions for newly created job roles. Our preferred candidates should have at least 10 years cognate experience in the restaurant business (preferably top ranking fast food chains in Nigeria) and extensive operational knowledge of the hospitality industry, including operational excellence, and outstanding customer/client partnership and communication skills.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
- The Business development Manager will champion the team that will expand The Place brand through the opening of new outlets and optimization of existing asset base.
- One of the key functions will be scouting and careful selection of new locations for new outlets and completion of real estate transactions (Fee Purchase / Lease/ Acquisition).
Some other functions will be:
- Critically evaluate new sites regarding competition, local government zoning, traffic density, population, demography etc. and develop a projection for merchandise sales, gross profit margin, development cost and operating costs to determine financial feasibility of site.
- Participate in the business planning process for all our outlets based upon corporate parameters, planned marketing activities and market conditions.
- Determine specific activities to capture opportunities to increase sales as well as brand awareness
- Assess and recommend improvements to the existing outlets via increased visibility and/or access by customers.
- Work extensively across internal functions and with external partners, including, but not limited to operations, legal counsel, construction, environmental, estate agents, developers, landlords, ,governmental authorities, regulatory bodies and other stakeholders such as neighbourhood groups/associations.
- Provide support for all business development efforts
Qualifications and Attributes
Our preferred candidates should have the following requirements:
- A first Degree
- A minimum of 10 year experience in an operations role in the hospitality industry
- Strong ethic of accountability to drive results
- A high sense of urgency, and the ability to build and lead strong teams to continually achieve new levels of performance
- Hands on, roll-up-your sleeves kind of individual who is open to the sharing of, and reaction to, ideas in an open forum.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Computer literacy
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multifunctional teams
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Interested candidates must ensure that their CVs/Resumes are uploaded with their applications and the role being applied for should be clearly specified.