Propcom Mai-karfi, a six-year project working to improve the livelihoods of Nigeria’s rural poor through targeted market initiatives, is seeking to employ the services of a professional driver.
Propcom Mai-karfi aims to increase incomes for 500,000 poor Nigerians, including 50% women, by enhancing employment opportunities and improving productivity in selected agricultural and other rural markets in northern Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Intervention Manager/Business Development Manager
You will be:
- Able to lead and manage programme interventions, including design, strategy, planning, execution, monitoring and reporting of intervention activities
- Experienced at developing and maintaining productive relationships with project partners (mostly businesses) and internal colleagues
- Familiar with how businesses really work and what they need to succeed
- Entrepreneurial and flexible, able to adapt to fast-changing working context
- A team player with a proven ability to work effectively with others in a multicultural setting
- Competent user of Excel, Word, Powerpoint and possibly statistical packages
- A fluent Hausa speaker with good command of the English language
- Able to collaborate with partners to help them assess and develop new business opportunities and practices relevant to rural communities
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of agricultural and other rural markets in Nigeria as well as the cultural and socio-economic context in which the programme operates
In return we offer
- A friendly and team-based working environment in Abuja
- Opportunity to collaborate with national and international colleagues
- Opportunity to make a vital contribution to an innovative Nigerian development programme
- The opportunity to truly “make a difference”
- A competitive salary with benefits
The role is based in Abuja, although travel within northern Nigeria will be required.
- Applications are encouraged from all those who can clearly demonstrate sound evidence of success in a business advisory or agricultural management role and a passion for development in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (maximum of three pages), full details of your referees, salary history and a 1 page covering letter outlining how your skills and competencies match the requirements of this post to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 16th October, 2015.