JAGAL Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country’s economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group’s broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
JAGAL Group is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Business Development Coordinator
Reporting to: Director-Sales
Support the relevant Business Development teams (ND and Jagal as required) to review and analyse market intelligence gathered, to liaise with and both obtain and follow-up on requests from internal clients and stakeholders, and to follow-up on any information gathered.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receive, analyse and process information on Tenders and Competitor activity
- Make informed decisions from information analysis, problem solve issues as they arise and discuss issues with relevant potential solutions to these problems with senior management when performing tasks.
- Monitor industry legislative developments, develop and implement strategic changes according to any such change in order to maintain regulatory compliance and maximise business performance
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with management teams through effective liaison, relationship building and strategic reporting.
- Provide decision support and analysis expertise to enhance decision making, adding value and positively impacting business performance.
- Work with Nigerdock Businesses Development team and relevant Joint Venture Partners to research and analyse potential opportunities.
- Build and continuously maintain a database of potential target opportunities (clients and projects).
- Research competitors, their strategies and their approach to client interaction.
- Obtain competitor intelligence in order to compare and contrast their business development approach to clients with that of Nigerdock and subsequently provide recommendations for areas of improvement
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and reports on market and creative trends
- Research and provide feedback on differing media methods that can be employed for use in any potential marketing campaigns.
- Assemble, analyse and disseminate market intelligence to relevant parties.
- · Research and obtain intelligence, conduct an analysis on such intelligence and prepare relevant reports on all current and potential competitor market activity and trends.
Administrative Support and Other areas
- · Arrange and co-ordinate meetings and events, as required – being an effective liaison with all relevant stakeholders.
- · Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents as required.
- · Assist in the preparation and presentation of formal presentations for Excos and Board meetings, and client meetings.
- · Record, distribute and follow up on the minutes of various meetings.
- · Ensure data and information required to deal with business opportunities is collated and available.
- · Support the BD team with administration associated with operations, meetings, projects and programs.
- · Analyse, evaluate and compile all reports on project activities of the International Oil Companie(IOC), Nigerian Oil Companies(NOC), and the relevant Industry sectors as they pertain to the business opportunities of the Jagal Group and Joint Venture partner.
- · Generate all internal monthly business development activity reports to ND.
- · Submit all business development reports as requested by the business.
- · Work closely with the Director Sales to provide commercial input for Budgets, Balanced Scorecards and other Financial Reporting as required.
- Maximise usage (of what?) and synergies with our other companies to offer a one stop shop approach. To that extent some ad hoc support with other companies of the Group could be required on an ad hoc basis.
- To assist the corporate and project management teams in maintaining appropriate professional standards for corporate execution.
- Produce weekly/monthly reports as required.
- Other duties as required
- Monthly Exco and Board Reports.
- Ad hoc reports and research.
- Undertake all reporting functions to keep the Director Sales informed of progress to approved projects
- Manage all reporting for the Business Development team.
- Director Sales
- ND Business Development Team
- ND Fabrication & Operations
- ND Training Centre
- Jagal Business Development Team
- Joint Venture Partners Business Development Teams
- Key Client Contacts
- ND Commercial Department
- ND Supply Chain and Logistics Department
- ND Shipyard
- Holds a four-year college degree in business management or a related discipline.
- May consider experience in the Oil & Gas industry over degree qualifications.
- Must be a member of a recognized professional body.
- Able to effectively work individually under pressure and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to meet deadlines and produce quality complex work.
- Excellent communication skills, deductive reasoning ability and information ordering aptitude when performing duties.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Overseas and/or Africa work experience.
- Oil & gas industry experience, preferred but not essential.
- Computer Literate – MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
Location Lagos – Lagos, LA NG (Primary)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply