Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta (PIND) is a foundation established by Chevron Corporation to provide support for socio-economic development programmes in the Niger Delta. The foundation is funding programmes in partnership with other donors and implementing organisations from the public and private sector. PIND seeks to create a dynamic, multi-stakeholder partnership that takes full advantage of the synergies involving diverse organisations and interests.
We invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Business Development Coordinator Job at Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta (PIND)
Job Position: Business Development Coordinator
Location: Warri / Port-Harcourt
- The position holder will improve the organisations market position and achieve financial growth.
- S/he defines long-term organisational business goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies and develops business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals.
- S/he will be profit-oriented and will possess extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities focusing on income generation with sustained profitability prospects
- Identify and capitalise on business opportunities relating to the core capabilities of the Economic Development Center for possible development
- Prospect for potential new clients and create new businesses for PIND Foundation.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the organisation’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies, campaigns and options for identified products/services.
- Ensure efficient and excellent services to its clients.
- Undertake sector analyses focusing on identifying service gaps and the development of new businesses, including the assessment/adoption of best industrial and business practices
- Explore and build business relationships with existing multinationals, corporations and key/strategic sectors with the objective of developing investment opportunities for PIND Foundation
- Gather market intelligence and advise PIND Foundation on best investment options.
- Assist programme managers to develop business relationships with potential funding agencies, corporate partners, community organisations and other relevant stakeholders with emphasis on new business development and with focus on profitability and sustainability.
- Any other duty as assigned by supervisor or management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or any relevant field.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 8-10 years relevant industry experience
- Strong entrepreneurial skills
- Personal effectiveness and team building skills
- Excellent relationship management skills with client focus
- Strategic and results oriented
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and capacity to make rational decisions
- Sound understanding of business development, including sales, marketing and project management principles
- Excellent planning skills
- * Good networking, inter-personal and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application and CVs with the job title clearly indicated as the subject of the mail should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Closing Date
12th of August, 2015