Standard Chartered Bank is the largest bank in Africa and our highly visible brand, award-winning service, and strong global presence helps us maintain our market-leading position. We place huge value on the talent of our people to drive our continued success, and to support our plans for growth.
We now need a talented and resourceful individual to help us fulfil our business objectives and build customer loyalty.
Below are the full details on the Business Banker Needed at Standard Chartered Bank;
Job Position: Business Banker
Job ID: 10554
Job Sector: Banking
Location: Lagos Mainland
- To provide a basic, branch – based business banking sales and service facility to a portfolio of small business customers requiring uncomplicated and standardized financial product solutions.
- Explain, promote and sell a range of appropriate Stanbic IBTC product offerings and solutions that meet the financial needs of small business customers.
- Selling includes acquiring and opening new business accounts (walk – in – customers)
- Cross selling additional products & services to existing customers (walk – in customers, during pro-active telephonic conversations).
- Identifying sales leads for associate company stakeholders e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking (Business Online); Card; etc.
- Mining existing customer data to identify expansion and / or additional business opportunities.
- Identifying opportunities to migrate top – end customers.
- Providing a central “no – frills” (information / query handling) service point for a portfolio of small business customers.
- Preforming a liaison role between customers and back – office service fulfilment and credit functions.
- Notify customers regarding the approval of credit loan facilities.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with Financial Advisory and Intermediary Service Act license categories.
- Adhering to record keeping requirement’s as outlined by CBN and the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU).
- Interacting with clients and conducting needs analyses to assist clients to better understand their financial requirements.
- Accurately and efficiently processing customer mandates /documentation requirements for banking facilities.
- Educating clients regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing standard SME product and service offerings to ensure the correct customer behaviour and product usage.
- Advice given to customers should benefit both the customer and Standard Bank – wrong and unprofitable customer behaviour should not be encouraged.
- Explain credit loan facility options and qualifying criteria to customers.
- Support customers in the completion of credit application information requirement’s e.g. persona balance sheets, cash flow statements, financial statements and management accounts.
- Process scored credit applications within the confidential limit of authority and BRI scores.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Banking preferably in relationship / transactional banking.
- Previous experience in running a small business
- This experience provides an understanding of how to interact with and sell to personal banking customers, how to open bank accounts, as well as how the principles of scored lending are applied in practice
- Business Assistant experience to the Business Manager ideal.
- Experience in Credit origination
- Previous experience within the personal / consumer banking environment as a Customer Consultant / Personal Banker and / or Enquiries Officer is preferable.
- Customer Understanding
- Interpreting Financial Statements
- Loan Assessment and Approval
- Financial Industry Regulatory Framework
- Product Knowledge
- Banking Process and Procedures
- Sales Planning and Reporting
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
24th of June, 2015.