The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
British High Commission (BHC) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Receptionist (Chancery)
Grade: A1 (L)
Type of Position: Part-Time
Working hours per week: 16 hours
Type of Post: British High Commission
Job Category : Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Residence and Support Staff)
Job Subcategory: Reception
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
- Receive and greet visitors
- Managing transport bookings during working hours for Chancery staff
- Ensuring smooth running of reception area
- Handle, log and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail
- Operating the switchboard, handling and forwarding customer’s enquiries)
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Great organisational skills, effective communication and ability to deliver a quality service under pressure
- Previous administration experience
- Proficient on MS office
- Previous experience as a Receptionist
- Seeing the Big Picture, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
Application Deadline 29th April, 2016.
Start Date 1st May, 2016.