The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
British High Commission (BHC) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Entry Clearance Assistant – Team Leader
Job Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Job Subcategory: UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration)
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 12 months
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
- Line management of 5 grade A1(L) staff
- Team Leader of the Customer Care and Registry Unit
- Management of the different aspects of this team including:
- IHS (payments and refunds)
- Provide daily statistical data to the Operations Manager
- Ensure the smooth running of the CCU / Registry teams
- Management of JRs and PAPs
- File Management
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience of working within a visa section
- Microsoft Office package
- Customer service experience preferable
- Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Starting monthly salary (N360,778)
Application Deadline 18th March, 2016.
Start Date 1st April, 2016.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply for this Position