The British Council is the world’s leading cultural relations organization and creates opportunities for people in the UK and worldwide to understand each other, to work together and learn from one another. We see this as crucial to building secure, more prosperous and sustainable futures for us all. We build trust and understanding between different countries and cultures and develop strong international links that are of benefit to people in Britain and the rest of the world.
British Council is recruiting to fill the below position below:
Job Title: Project Officer, Education UK
Reports to: Project Manager; SIEM
Duration of Job: Indefinite
Pay Band: 4
Purpose of Job
- To work with the Project Manager supporting the delivery of the British Council’s Services for International Education Marketing and Education UK brand of products and services. This includes the project support delivery of the Education UK Exhibitions, delivery of marketing and communication services and other project support and delivery functions as required.
Accountabilities, Responsibilities and Main Duties
The post holder will have the following core functions:
Project & Contract Delivery:
- To deliver high quality events and project activity working with partners and stakeholders in order to meet sector and country plans.
- To co-ordinate venues, consultant logistics, guest lists, transport, accommodation, media coverage and photographers, programme development.
Marketing & Customer Service:
- To work with the Project Managers to deliver communication services to all projects including media coverage, effective public relations and the production and distribution of communication products arising from project activity.
- Work with British Council Nigeria Marketing and Communications team to develop and disseminate reports and impact stories for external and internal communication channels including digital and print media
Financial Planning & Management:
- To create and maintain purchase orders and sales orders in line with British Council policies and procedures.
- To support the collection, processing and reporting of monitoring and evaluation data gathered from projects in support of Scorecard and other evaluation requirements, as needed.
Contacts Database Management:
- To develop and maintain a contacts management database related to project activity.
- Delivery of our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion policy in relation to our projects work and in compliance with our policy on Child Protection.
Key Internal Relationships:
- Country Director Nigeria, Director Programmes, Director Education and Skills, SIEM project manager and the wider education and programmes teams.
- Regional Director SIEM based in Manchester UK, the UK SIEM account management teams and the SSA and MENA SIEM country project managers.
- Exams and Schools teams.
Key External Relationships:
- UK education institutions including independent schools, higher education, and further education.
- Nigerian international schools, members of the BCSN British Council Schools Network (BCSN) Kand the International School Award. (ISA)Maintain relationships with UK education agents who have taken our Education agents training.
Other important features or requirements of the job:
- The post-holder may also be required to travel to various project activity locations and internationally on BC business and should therefore hold valid travel documents.
- Training may be required for certain aspects of the job such as using SAP.
- Operational project work requires occasional work outside conditioned hours, for example in the evenings or at weekends. TOIL should be agreed with the line manager in advance to maintain an adequate work-life balance.
- Connecting With Others (Essential)
- Working together (Essential)
- Being Accountable (more demanding)
- Making it happen (essential)
- Shaping the Future
Shortlisting and Interview
Skills and Knowledge
- Communication skills: Displays good listening, writing and speaking skills, setting out logical arguments clearly and adapting language and form of communication to meet the needs of different people/audiences.
- Planning and organising: Organises own work over weeks and months, or plans ahead for others, taking account of priorities and the impact on other people.
Shortlisting and Interview
- Works with project management systems and procedures, and has a track record of compliance with them as a project team member.
- Working knowledge of Nigerian and UK Education systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23:59UK time 7th May, 2016.