British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
British American Tobacco is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant & Area Records Management Coordinator
Job Number: 13410BR
Appointment type: Permanent
Job purpose and key deliverables
- To provide comprehensive and proactive support to the Legal & External Affairs Director on a wide range of complex tactical and administrative tasks whilst prioritising and taking personal responsibility for all activities in order to enhance effectiveness.
- This role will also be responsible for executing defined work projects of moderate complexity.
- To ensure that the Records Management Programme (RMP) is implemented and maintained always across the Area.
- Train, educate and induct employees at all levels within the organization on Records Management principles, policies and procedures.
Executive Assistant Key Accountabilities
- Manage the work schedule (calendars, visits and work plans) for the Area Head of Legal and External Affairs to ensure optimal use of time and resources
- Conduct spot checks to ensure compliance of the RM policy is maintained
- Implement the Audit KCC RMP action points and prepare the RAC report on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for distribution, collection and sign off of compliance statements from the various Functions.
- Assist the Records Management Coordinators in producing the RM schedules and ensure these are maintained in accordance with the Group policy.
- Drive and own Review Meetings and Manage Schedules, Control Lists etc.
- Main custodian of the review team meeting minutes i.e. Legal, Audit and Tax review team, for audit purposes
- Ensure training and advice is provided to employees at all levels within the organisation with regards to RMP and introduce RM Induction programme to new recruits.
- Develop and implement reports, memos and other analysis and communication materials for internal and external use using the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Co-ordinate meetings and engagements for the West Africa Area Leadership Team Provide an effective and efficient administrative service to a high level of competency
- Responsible for organising extensive global travel arrangements for the Area Head of Legal and External Affairs and other Regional visitors- transportation, hotels and visas in place.
- Perform routine transactions such as cash advance, expense statements and retirements as required
- Using electronic calendars the jobholder will be responsible for the maintenance of diaries, reviewing and responding to electronic mail for the Area Head of Legal and External Affairs as required.
- Prepare complex presentations and briefings.
- Effectively interface with the Executive Assistants of the West Africa Area Leadership Team to achieve targets
- Effective relationship with and role model to Executive Assistants within BAT and in other companies
- Work very closely with the Records Management Review Team comprising of Legal, Audit and Tax to ensure records are dealt with in accordance with the RM policy guidelines
- Develop new material to promote a better understanding of the RMP for all staff within the Nigeria Area offices and update the RM material including the Manual and Handbook. Ensuring that the Control List and RM procedures are up to date and communicated
- Develop self through training, learning and development opportunities
- Identify areas for improvement and execute improvement plans as required.
- Develop good working relationship across the Area with all the Records Management Coordinators and the Legal Counsel in order to promote records management principles, policies and procedures
- Legal and External Affairs Team
- Relevant BAT Teams/Managers such as Internal Communications Manager, Human Resources Team etc.
- Records Management Coordinators in the various Functions
- West Africa Area Leadership Team (WAALT)
- Executive Assistants of West Africa Area Leadership Team
- Appropriate government and non-government agencies as directed.
- BSc/BA Degree
- Solid secretarial and administrative skills, including excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to establish priorities, maintain confidentiality and work under pressure
- Good numeric skills to work with financial systems and resolve queries
- Very good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills and a flair for preparing complex reports in PowerPoint, word and excel.
- Work experience in a similar role in a leading corporate organisation would be an added advantage.
- Understanding and ability to apply Records Management Policies and Principles
- Self-starter, keen and confident to use own initiative
- Proactive “can do” work ethic – flexible approach to working
- Solid interpersonal skills – mature, responsible, assertive attitude with the ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- The job holder must be able to work independently and have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of both the practical and theory of the EEMEA Records Management Programme.
- Also assist the Records Management coordinators in carrying out Group RM Training Programmes and spot checking of the Nigeria Area offices.
- The role of the Records Management Coordinator is demanding, and needs a pro-active person who will be able to deal with the challenging and rapidly changing business environment.
- The job holder will be responsible for maintaining all Nigeria Area Offices Retention Schedules and will undertake the training of the Nigeria Area offices employees to ensure that employees are aware of and comply with the RMP policies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd February, 2017.