British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
British American Tobacco is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Export Freight Executive
Job number: 11212BR
Appointment type: Permanent
- To support the export logistics team to be an anticipatory pro-active unit that services it’s customers on time while acquiring “best value” in terms of cost, quality and minimum leadtime.
- Support the implementation of Logistics procedures and group best practices.
- Prepare all the shipping documentation as per Nigeria’s and receiving end-markets legal requirements to ensure smooth transfer of consignments.
- Maintain good working relationships across the supply chain, supporting the functions/departments involved with information and guidance
- Ensure timely communication/processing of documents required for all necessary government agencies
- Ensure self development by improving knowledge of the other roles in the department and company
- Ensure cost and quality optimisation and respect of the legislation in force in the end-to-end handling of materials and finished products.
- Establish partnership with forwarding agents and transporters, and ensure strict respect of any contractual obligations.
- Follow up with clearing agent the clearance and movements of export consignments.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Supply Chain processes especially logistics.
- BSc. or HND in Sciences or any relevant field
- Sound knowledge of legal requirements with respect to movement of cargo across ECOWAS
- Understanding of International Chamber of Commerce Incoterms and International Trade requirements in general
- Ability to operate across all hierarchy levels, providing information and support as required.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, work independently and deliver according to defined deadlines.
- Computer literate: ability to analyse and report data, using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and spreadsheet applications.
- Good inter-personal communication skills using electronic and other media.
- Very good self-organisation skills
- Minimum 3 (three) years’ experience in import/export clearance activities.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and understanding of internal information flows.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th June, 2016.