British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technician
Job number: 9128BR
Appointment type: Permanent
- To ensure reduction of breakdown on SMD and FRMD machines and achieve maximum availability and efficiency through provision of technical support to all SMD production machineries in line with best practices at an effective cost, in a hygienic and safe working environment
- Provide technical support to production machines in SMD and other BAT factories
- Ensure maximum machine availability and efficiency though effective maintenance.
- Implement SMD weekly cleaning and monthly maintenance
- Ensure daily machine technical records are
- Effective and efficient deployment of resources
- Operates within agreed budget and manages daily production planning
- Updating production equipment and maintenance documentation
- Continuously looking for better ways of carrying out production process.
- Installing new and existing equipment upgrade
- Ensure documentation of weekly cleaning and monthly maintenance carried out in SMD
- Provide in house training to technical operators when the need arise to improve technical skill
- Implement EHS audit recommendation on maintenance issues
- Attend to technical call out request from SMD shift managers
- Ensure spares are planned and ready for use according to machine planned and preventive maintenance schedules.
- Implementation of downtime analysis of SMD machines
- Be willing to impact knowledge and training to new Technicians on production and maintenance of machines and equipment
- Ensure adequate communications among team members
- Communicate effectively with Team leaders and Technicians to enhance operational objectives
- Demand and obtain regular feedback from TL to aid performance management
- Supportive to manufacturing team
- HND in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering
- Good communication skills and hard working
- Ability to define objectives and achieve success
- Ability to constantly operate within agreed quality targets
- Knowledge of production processes
- Minimum of two years experience in FMCG manufacturing company
- Good analytical ability and must be team player
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 8th November, 2015.