Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest chain of nursery and primary schools offering high-quality education at an affordable price to families living on less than $2 a day per person.
Our vertically integrated Academy-in-a-Box approach has reengineered the entire lifecycle of basic education, leveraging data, technology, and scale in order to keep quality up and prices as low as $5 a month (on average). Our mission is Knowledge for all. Currently, we have 405 academies in Kenya and 7 academies in Uganda, with more than 120,000 pupils enrolled and we are growing at a rate of one new academy every three days. We are launching in Nigeria this year and India next year. Ten years from now we plan to be operating in at least a dozen countries and to count 10,000,000 children as our pupils.
Job Title: Director, Customer Strategy – Global
What You Will Do
- Set the global vision, strategy, and go-to-market approach for academy growth, including the communications, programmes, events, and academy space design that will ensure that all hit their expected pupil reach from day one and continue to attract new pupils and grow their reach after they open
- Develop programmes that strengthen Bridge’s presence in the community including ongoing relationships with leaders as well as participation in critical community/regional/national events once academies are open
- Develop programmes that strengthen Bridge’s relationship with parents including Parent Representatives/Parent-Teacher Associations, Parent-Teacher conferences, and other communications, programmes, and events once academies are open
- Work with the Global Director of Academy Operations to develop the academy staff recruiting programmes necessary at launch
- Work with the Global Director of Academy Operations to develop pricing communications, promotions, and loyalty programmes that ensure timely payments from parents as well as affinity/word of mouth
- Work with the Academic Team to flesh out the physical academy experience, particularly that inside the classrooms
- Define global budgets and timelines across academy launch and ongoing community outreach for purposes of pupil acquisition
- Spend time in Bridge communities developing a knowledge of the market, competitors, and trends as well as driving customer insights and critical business issues opportunities; partner with other teams throughout Bridge as needed
What You Should Have
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Extensive experience in at least three of the following: human-centred design, customer strategy, innovation, retail, communications, marketing, or sales
- Prior experience within a fast-paced, metric driven sales organization; start up experience preferred
- New market launch experience is a major asset; Prior experience with a chain preferred
- Experience working in developing countries and/or with low income customers highly encouraged
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (anthropology, sociology, design, management), graduate degrees preferred
- We particularly value experience in extreme growth situations.
- Passionate about Bridge’s vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed
How We Work
Above all else, we’re looking for ambition, organization, drive, intellect, problem solving, and respect for others. You will report to the Chief Experience Officer and will manage a small global team of 1-2 people.
Nigeria or India preferred. Kenya, Uganda, or DC possible, too. 25%+ travel will be required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply