Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 100,000 pupils in Kenya. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to standardize and scale every aspect of quality education delivery, from how and where academies are built to how teachers are selected and trained, and how lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement. We are vertically-integrated, tech-enabled, and on our way to profitability. Bridge expects to continue rapid expansion in Kenya, has launched operations in Uganda and will be launching in Nigeria in 2015.
Job Title: Associate, Customer Insight (Research)
Research is at the core of what we do, from understanding our parents, teachers and communities to determining where new Bridge International Academies should go – the Customer Insight team ensures the achievement of company goals by providing valuable insight. We believe in focusing on operational excellence and execution – Excelling in rapid and insightful data collection and ensuring a high level of service delivery.
Overview of position
To conduct research, provide critical analysis, insight, reports and data to the rest of the company on socio-economic conditions, competitive landscapes, plot-specific research and population density.
- Conduct household interviews in slum communities
- Produce research reports based on both quantitative and qualitative observations
- Participate in the design of new research studies and research tools
- Conduct field-based exercises to calculate population density using survey and GPS equipment
- Consolidate and enter data from surveys and research exercises into Excel at the office
- 2+ years’ experience in conducting field research in a fast paced or rapidly growing commercial organisation with multiple departments where the use of technology solutions was a key strategy.
- Experience working in slums and informal settlements.
- Fluent in communicating in Pidgeon and English. Language ability in Yoruba language a big plus
- A Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Sociology, Demography, Anthropology or other related field.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply