The history of Hayat Holding goes back to 1937, challenging times when Turkey was taking its first steps towards industrialization. Initially working in the wholesale fabric business, the Kiğılı Family entered the manufacturing industry in 1967, when Yahya Kiğılı started manufacturing fabrics. In 1969, Mr. Kiğılı launched the Kastamonu integrated chipboard plant, and in 1987, he founded Hayat Kimya, thus entering the FMCG industry. Hayat Kimya offers the Papia, Familia, Focus and Teno brands in the tissue category, the Bingo brand in the home-care category, the Molped brand in the sanitary pads category, the Molfix brand in the baby diapers category, and the Joly and Evony brands in the adult diapers category. Hayat Kimya is a leading player in the FMCG industry, and one of the biggest global companies established by Turkish investors. Thanks to the investment and export projects it has launched in neighboring countries, Hayat Kimya is rapidly turning into a global enterprise, employing 5,200 people today. Operating in six countries with systems that comply with European standards, Hayat Kimya reaches consumers through an export network spanning 101 countries. The company produces detergents, hygienic pads and tissue at its İzmit factory. Home-care and hygienic products are manufactured at the Algeria Hayat DHC factory, hygienic products and tissue at the Iran Pars Hayat Healthcare Products Sehami Has factory, hygienic products and cleaning products at the Egyptian Hayat Hygienic Products S.A.E. factory, and cellulose and wrapping paper at the Bosnia-Herzegovina Natron HAYAT DOO factory. The R&D Center is Hayat Kimya’s innovation base. With an investment budget of TL 9 million and a general budget of TL 8 million, it incorporates systematic approaches such as risk and innovation management into business processes. The main objective of the R&D Center is to design environment-friendly products in the FMCG segment.
- Developing mid and long term marketing strategies for the categories under responsibility,
- Developing and executing the yearly activity plan inline with marketing strategies ,
- Developing communication strategies in all channels (TV, radio, newspaper, PR, POP, sponsorship),
- Managing relations with international or local third parties: creative, media, BTL & PR agencies,
- Orienting the media planning department to create the media plan inline with brand communication strategies,
- Competitor analysis to senior management (Market shares, shelf prices, promotional activities, communication campaigns, PR activities, new product launches),
- Proposing and implementing necessary market researches after monitoring brand performances (performance tests, pre and post ad reports, customer satisfaction index etc.),
- Working closely with sales team to plan promotional activities to boost sales and increase product trials.
Desired Skills and Experience
Hayat Holding is among Turkey’s top 100 industrial companies, employing over 10,000 people both in Turkey and abroad. Hayat Group is a conglomerate that operates mainly in two industries. Kastamonu Entegre is the leading company in the wood-based panel industry and Hayat Kimya is among the top FMCG companies. We are looking for a Brand Manager for our Nigeria operation with following qualifications:
- Min. 5 years experience (Hygiene category experience will be an asset),
- University degree in a business related subject (preferably social sciences like management, economics, international relations etc.),
- Nigerian ; or Afro-American but lived in Nigeria from his / her childhood. (Turkish but lived in Nigeria from his / her childhood is a plus),
- Native Nigerian Pidgin English / Advanced English skills (Turkish knowledge is a plus),
- Experience in a corporate firm preferably in FMCG sector (multinational company with international brand management experience),
- Having skills in leadership, team management, problem-solving mentality, analytical thinking,
- Having skills in using MS Office Programs,
- Being passionate, ambitious, success-oriented.