Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is a leading firm in the hospitality industry. We are dedicated to ensuring the comfort of our guests. Our luxury accommodation in the heart of Garki and Wuse zone 7 in Abuja offers unparalleled guest services. Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is superbly placed to cater for guest service requirements; ensuring guest stay is both pleasant & unforgettable, we combine the experience of our team which represents a breadth and depth of expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the cornerstone of our success. We are committed to making our place a great place to work and provide the foundation for building successful careers. If you share our passion for delivering unequal hospitality service where details matter, apply today to join our team
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Office Manager
Ref. No: BWHA15/3/FO
Department: Front Office
Reports To: General Manager
- Manage the daily running of front office operations, managing the staff and the daily activities and dealing with all issues that may arise.
- Consistently strive to achieve maximum performance. Promote a professional service orientated environment at all times.
- Implementing and enforcing financial controls throughout the front office, helping with control of operating expenses and purchasing.
- Must be fully aware and able to re-enforce all fire-life-safety procedures. Remain current in all updates with regards to new procedures and training. Is a member of the hotel’s emergency response team. Ensure staff is fully trained in emergency procedures.
- Perform any other responsible duties as required and directed.
- Qualifications to perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard.
- Act as manager on duty for the hotel, dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
- Aware of any VIP arrivals, special requests and repeat guests. Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out, greet them on arrival and escort to room if appropriate.
- Bolton White handbook, the department operation manual and hotel policies and procedures are part of this job description.
- Manage the AM and PM shifts in the front office, making sure all employees perform the tasks assigned to them and coordinate the front office activities with other departments.
- Implement and manage all standards relating to areas managed. Monitor activities of all employees in the front office making sure they adhere to the guidelines set in the standards of excellence, employee handbook and hotel policies and procedures, correcting and coaching as well as training where needed.
- Inform all front office staff of daily activities, VIP arrivals, group activity etc.
- Must be able to do scheduling, payroll and other paperwork (accounting, HR etc.)
- Must be able to perform any tasks or duties of any employee in the front office.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required.
- This position manages Guest Services Representatives, Guest Relation Officers, Guest Relation Attendant, Bell Staff, Porters, Door Person and Lobby Ambassador and also supervises other hotel employees indirectly acting as the manager on duty.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of a BSc Degree in Hospitality related field is required, general education degree, international equivalent, 5 to 6 years working industry experience is required. Experience in a luxury hotel preferred.
- Previous supervisory/management experience required.
- Previous guest service experience preferred. General computer experience required.
- Hotel management computer systems experience preferred.
- Must have good knowledge of English, ability to speak clearly read and write. Must be able to listen or read instructions, memos, short correspondences and messages.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to carry out detailed, involved instructions both written and oral, using common sense understanding required.
- Ability to deal with problems in a calm professional manner required.
- Ability to multitask handling many different issues at one time, prioritizing the issues and taking care of them.
- Must have ability to write memos, short correspondences or messages. A second language preferred. Mathematical Skills
- Must have good mathematical skills, ability to add, subtract, divide and multiply six digit numbers with decimals. Ability to work out percentages and discounts Good understanding of financial documents, daily reports, P&L accounts and budgets.
Other Skill required: Entry Requirements
- Team management, leadership & team player, A liking for organizational work
- Effective management: delivering profit center profitability, Sales ability
- Adaptability: coping with the diversity of guests and their needs
- Thoroughness, Sensitivity to guests: good relationship skills, Spirit of initiative, Financial awareness
- Ability to stand in a confined environment for long periods of time is required.
- Ability to spend long hours moving around, walking, sitting, standing, and crouching while performing duties.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and in emergency situations.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application Letter and Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as email Subject
Application Deadline 24th July, 2016.