The Bible Society of Nigeria was founded on 8th February, 1966 through the pioneering efforts of the late Dr. Francis Ezeogo Akanu Ibiam, the first indigenous Governor of the defunct Eastern Region. Earlier in February, 1965, Dr. Ibiam had initiated a consultation with representatives of most of the Churches [Church organizations] in Nigeria on the need to form a national Bible Society in Nigeria. It was the unanimous decision of that meeting that The Bible Society of Nigeria be formed which consequently led to its formation and inauguration on February 8, 1966.
We seek individuals with prerequisite qualifications, interest, passion, conviction and flair for excellent customer service to apply for the vacant position of:
Job Title: Donors/Membership Relations Officer
- The position reports to the Manager, Church/ Public Relations Division (CPRO).
- The job holder will be responsible for among others; boosting Donors/Membership Relations, ensuring a better Membership due collection, enhance the presence of BSN with Donors/Members and the general productive management of the Donors’/Members’ relationship with the Society in a mutually rewarding manner.
The successful candidate will among others do the following:
- Build and maintain close working relationship with Donors & Volunteers including arranging courtesyvisits by the division or senior management as the case may be.
- Create, manage and update profiles of Donors on Donor Manager.
- Manage, plan, develop, implement and evaluate stewardship plans for assigned donors
- Work with the Area Liaison Officer to develop and maintain an inventory of acknowledgment letters, manage their delivery and ensure donors receive their souvenirs within established deadlines.
- High public and human relations skills, Good communication skill, Presentation skill, Computer literacy – fundraising software and MS Office.
- He/She must be a team player who can work along with other young and dynamic group of employees without compromising standards to achieve result.
- He/She must be matured; ability to network and convince people to buy intangible products is very crucial.
- Marketing experience will be an added advantage.
- He/ She must have a minimum of HND or first Degree in Arts/Humanities with at least 3 years working experience in public relations or customer relations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply in writing attaching typed curriculum vitae and photocopies of your credentials to:
The General Secretary/CEO,
The Bible Society of Nigeria,
18, Wharf Road,
P. O. Box 68,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Application Deadline Tuesday, 7th February, 2017.