Position Description: The ideal candidate is an unabashed data geek. You enjoy searching the Internet for datasets that you can explore and mash up to tell interesting stories. You view the skills you have at sourcing, collecting, and cleaning data as a means to an end; you are equally interested gleaning insights from the data that have business application. You probably have developed these skills through a combination of education, work experience and hobbies.
If this describes you, we are interested! And if you have what it takes to build a multi-billion dollar company, and are interested in using your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals, we so so want you…!!!
As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Interpret problems and provide solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics.
- Design and deploy data-science and technology based algorithmic solutions to address business needs of the Company.
- Utilize recommender systems, collaborative filtering techniques, propensity modeling to drive the Company’s business priorities.
- Research and design technical infrastructure for applications.
- Research, develop, and implement enterprise-wide architectural concepts, principles and tools.
- Assess business viability of new technologies.
- Consult with other senior level IT managers to assess and evaluate current strategies.
- Make recommendations, gain approval and develop implementation strategy for new technologies.
- Act as advocate for change to provide innovative, creative technology solutions.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to top-level management on new technology and its impact on the organization.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology infrastructure and processes in the industry and marketplace.
- Make recommendations to use innovative, creative approaches as appropriate to meet client needs; contribute to the achievement of multiple teams’ objectives.
- Collaborate and communicate with software developers in the translation of research model to production code.
- Collaborate and communicate with data integration teams when data quality issues are discovered.
- Advanced degree in Applied Statistics, Computer Science (Machine Learning), or related field (Masters required, PhD preferred).
- 5 years demonstrated ability to employ analytic software tools, statistical methodologies, and Business Intelligence to large data sets residing within relational or object oriented databases.
- Experience with advanced data mining and predictive modeling algorithms and techniques for regression, classification, survival modeling, time series, feature selection, etc.
- Experience in statistical inference and analytic techniques.
- Experience with using R for modeling, including developing R scripts.
- Experience with modeling and analysis of large datasets.
- Experience with a scripting language like Python, Perl.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; experience in communicating results of statistical analysis and modeling to a broad audience.
- Hadoop and Map/Reduce experience is a strong plus
- Should have statistical, mathematical, predictive modelling as well as business strategy skills to build the algorithms necessary to ask the right questions and find the right answers.
- Very curious people, and enjoys diving deep into the material to find an answer to a yet unknown question.
- Natural desire to go beneath the surface of a problem.
- Obsessive about data and data visualization!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Being able to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment.
- Having the ability to query databases and perform statistical analysis.
- Having an, at least basic, understanding of how a business and strategy works.
- Being able to create examples, prototypes, demonstrations to help management better understand the work.
- A keen eye for detail, ability to work under pressure and deliver time-sensitive work to a high standard.
- Ability to explain analysis to non-numerate people & great relationship building skills.
- A believer in patterns and importance they play in decision-making. Able to extract trends and insights and from complex and often incomplete data sets.
- Exceptional programming skills (Python, REST, SQL, R, APIs, etc.) and someone who gets excited by code and algorithm design.
- A professional manner with the ability to closely interact with senior management.
This feels right??? Next step is yours!