Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Base Logistician Job Opportunity at Médecins Sans Frontières
Job Position: Base Logistician
Job Location: Borno
- The Base Logistician At Médecins Sans Frontières Plan vehicles movements, track individual trips, and ensure implementation of security measures
- Track consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- The Base Logistician At Médecins Sans Frontières Check domestic waste is correctly discarded. Check the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards…).
- Check and ensure the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings… and security conditions. In this sense, make inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- The Base Logistician At Médecins Sans Frontières Perform maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular: (a) Inventories and the reallocation of equipment, (b) Renew the authorization to use radio material with local authorities, (c) Checks the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
- Prepare orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, check their proper reception and state
- The Base Logistician At Médecins Sans Frontières Carry out local purchases and ensures that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participates in trainings at the request of the line manager.
- Education: Secondary Education
- Experience: None is required. Desirable experience with other NGOs.
- Languages: Mission language essential; local language desirable (Hausa, Kalori)
- Knowledge: Computer literacy and radio equipment user-knowledge
- Stress Management.
- MSF Maiduguri project – Maiduguri – NIGERIA
- Local contract (3 months with possibility of extension)
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Application Closing Date:
15 September 2015
How to Apply:
Submit your CV, copies of diplomas, qualifications and a cover letter until 15th September 2015:
MSF MAIDUGURI OFFICE or by email to: [email protected]
Plot 82, OLD GRA (behind Lagos house) Kolo Road Galtimari, Maiduguri, Borno state, Nigeria
Deadline for the submission of applications: 15th September 2015.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.