FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Banking Services Supervisor Job Vacancy at FINCA
Job Position: Banking Services Supervisor
About the Job
- FINCA is recruiting for an experienced, motivated and hands-on Banking Services Supervisor (BSS) to join FINCA’s start-up microfinance bank in Nigeria. This is a middle manager position with a direct reporting line to the Head of Banking Services or as may be assigned, and is responsible for all banking services operations functions in the branch and various delivery channel network.
- The banking service supervisor is responsible in ensuring all banking services operational processes are regulatory compliant, up to date and optimized in terms of human effort and cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and manage a Banking Services Department and build its internal capacity aligned with the operations strategy, with emphasis on branch staff support, client service experience, operational compliance and service/cost efficiency.
- Maintain an ongoing review of products and services delivery processes, exploiting opportunities for centralization, re-engineering, cost and effort optimization, increased integrity, reduced risk and continued adherence to regulatory compliance. Constantly strive to broaden and improve delivery channels and service options provided to FINCA clients.
- Pursue a strategy of branch-less banking delivering ATMs, 3rd party agency partnerships, mobile based products and other delivery channels in support of expanded and enhanced customer access to savings and loan accounts.
- Support and contribute to the business case approval for new and expanding products, services and channels.
- Oversee and ensure efficient functioning of an internal and external support service – a single point of contact for branch staff, agents and customers – accepting responsibility for all enquiries, problems reported by email, SMS or telephone.
- Write, review and improve Banking Services department policies, Branch Operations policies and procedures, manuals, process maps; providing clear instructions for staff and enhancing customer experience and service efficiency.
- Oversee and ensure efficient functioning of Branch Operations and supervise the Banking Operations Supervisors.
- Monitor internal capacity and provide resource or increased competence as required in order to manage the various Banking Services department units efficiently and effectively
- Develop and manage the annual budgeting for the banking services and delivery channels elements of the subsidiary.
- Manage and control payments and settlement function, including ATM transactions, Agency Banking, ensuring precise values are disbursed and received by the bank with due care.
- Deliver periodic daily, weekly, monthly reports against operational departmental metrics for all products and services.
- Apply stringent measures to cost analysis and management ensuring that product and service delivery costs are at optimum levels and aligned to business objectives.
- Produce periodic management reports demonstrating performance against budgetary targets and operational metrics for all services delivered and for challenges/ incidents encountered and managed. Their parts of the institution (vis-à-vis the entire organization), and to individuals, where necessary, to understand their accountability for individual risks.
Management of Loan processing unit:
- Daily supervision of the Central Processing Staff members
- Coordination with the Branches as well as with the other Head-Office Department
- Data/File security
- Maintaining records
- Implementation of the centralized loan processing for all Branches
- Design of the business processes, process mapping and documenting for the loan processing unit
- Performing other related duties.
Payments and Reconciliations Management:
- Conduct vigilant reviews with functional department heads e.g. Finance, IT, and implement strict controls over Customer/Internal account transactions.
- Delivering a superior customer experience depends highly on a well-functioning and customer centric banking services department. As the owner of FINCA’s delivery channels, supporting all client sales and service delivery activities; the Banking Services Supervisor will work to constantly create more efficiency and accuracy in servicing the customer; improving the delivery of quality products and services, faster and more cost effectively.
- As the custodian of the customer support center; the Banking Services Supervisor will deploy the best means to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of this communication channel between FINCA and its customers. He/she will ensure that customer queries, complaints, need for product or corporate information are received and attended to / resolved immediately or dispatched to the concerned department; to the satisfaction of the customer
Job Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree (B. A.) or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of Central loan processing, channel management, customer service, money transfers, and relationship management.
- Practical knowledge of project management
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in financial/banking sector with a minimum of 3 years as a functional team leader in various capacities including branch operations, back office and delivery channels management.
- Strong knowledge of banking operations, products & processes
- Leading with integrity – Reinforces our values through daily behaviour and holds others accountable to ethical behavior
- Employee engagement – Maintains a fulfilling work environment and engages staff based on their strengths. Mentors others to develop their skills and provides feedback on performance regularly.
- Responsible for results – Takes responsibility for own actions and manages others to focus on key priorities.
- Recruitment and staffing – Makes quality hiring decisions; Forecasts staffing needs accurately; Follows Company hiring process
- Fluency in atleast1 local language preferred.
- Computer Skills
- An individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing and core banking software applications such as Flex-Cube, Breft.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Financial responsibility – Conserves organizational resources and works within budget guidelines.
- Language Skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Identify key roles and resources for Banking Services department, implement structural changes, and develop job descriptions and KPIs for each position.
- Establish a close working relationships with relevant agents, vendors, suppliers and service providers and ensuring that all service level agreements are achieved.
- Establish, manage and service POS, Agent networks and other delivery channels
- Ensure timely and satisfactory resolution of all customers’ and staff issues reported through the Customer Support Center
- Define metrics and process targets and implement performance measurement initiatives to support Banking Services strategy.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidate should Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
17th of July, 2015.