Jumia is the largest e-commerce mall in Africa with over 100,000 unique visitors a day, buying everything from Fashion to Phones. Founded in 2012 in Nigeria, Jumia’s mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bank Reconciliation Team Lead
Department: Finance & Legal
- We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of marketing and entrepreneurship.
To ensure that:
- Complete, timely and accurate accounting and reporting of all bank transactions are made in accordance with International Accounting Standards.
- Internal controls around bank reconciliation are adequate, effective and functioning properly;
- All bank reconciliations are properly and effectively prepared, coordinated and supervised;
- Financial reports of banking activities are timely and accurate;
- Manage the reconciliation team to ensure that all bank reconciliation activities encompassing the preparation and review of all bank accounts, borrowings, investments and loans are conducted in an efficient and timely manner.
- Supervise the investigation and follow up of all outstanding items on bank reconciliation statements with responsible persons and team.
- Supervise the collation and analysis of data to identify anomalies and ensure relevant and timely rectifications.
- Ensure proper back up records of reconciliation statement.
- Input in development of underlying processes, reports and systems to facilitate ongoing improvement in efficiency and quality of reconciliations processes.
- Lead, Support and allocate tasks among team members.
- Develop ongoing training for all members of the bank reconciliation team to ensure suitable skill set and ongoing personal development.
- Provide monthly summary of bank reconciliations for review by the Head of Accounting.
- Verify the reliability and accuracy of bank balances in the general ledger and trial balance.
- Manage information flows to and from other areas of finance and the business to resolve reconciliation queries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related fields.
- Membership of an internationally recognized professional accounting body e. g. ACA,ACCA e.t.c
- Excellent writing skills, and ability to explain technical accounting issues to subordinates and colleagues.
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated competences for accuracy, attention to detail, integrity and update knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Knowledge of Bank Reconciliation.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Very good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Navision, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply