The Bank of Industry, in partnership with the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) is organizing a Vocational Skills Competition to support and promote Vocational Skills acquisition among Nigerian youth.
The target participants are top graduating students of NBTE-accredited Vocational Enterprise Institutions (VEIs).
The Structure of the Competition
Candidates shall showcase their final year projects at applicable regional centres. After which they shall be expected to defend the thought process behind their respective projects before the judges.
Most recent top 3 graduates of Vocational Enterprise Institutes (VEIs) or Technical Colleges accredited by National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) in the 7 vocational courses listed below:
- Automotive Mechatronics/Mechanic;
- Carpentry & Joinery;
- Electrical & Electronics;
- Fashion Design;
- Painting & Tiling;
- Plumbing & Fittings;
- Welding & Fabrication;
Venue and Dates
- Kaduna Centre: 13th February 2016
- Lagos Centre: 19th February 2016
- Abuja: 19th March 2016 (specific venues shall be announced in due course).
- Modern vocational work tools
- Access to small business loans
- Placement/Internship with BOi customers