Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Audit Manager
Job ID: 487365
Job Function: Group Internal Audit
Location: Victoria Island
Full/Part Time: Full time
- To assist the Head of Audit in:
- Providing a view on significant risks within the Bank and an assessment as to whether these risks are being adequately managed and escalated appropriately.
- Preparing Country Audit Needs/Risk Assessments and detailed audit plan.
- To lead and participate in internal audit engagements of diverse business units or functions of the Bank.
- Support the Head of Audit in understanding the business strategy, plans, products, performance and risk-related issues at business unit level.
- In conjunction with other team members, attend Business Operational Risk Forum/Function Operational Risk Forum meetings and contribute effectively to discussions on risk and control issues.
- Build relationships across the Bank to understand issues and identify areas for improvement in the control environment.
- Share best practice to improve the control environment including recommendations to the Head of Audit.
- Perform, support or lead the planning, fieldwork, and reporting of internal audit engagements (country and functional audits) in line with Group Internal Audit methodology.
- Support the delivery of the agreed audit plan for the Bank; understanding the key audit issues arising and escalating any significant audit findings that is unresolved.
- Adopt an anticipatory approach to risk assessment through stakeholder communication/engagement and monitoring of the external environment to improve audit planning
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of a 2nd Class degree in a relevant course with professional accounting/auditing qualification.
- Confident and courageous to raise concerns and issues with Head of Internal Audit.
- Self motivated and able to work with minimum supervision; escalating issues appropriately and in a timely manner;
- Team player and able to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- At least 10 years experience ( at least 3 years in the internal audit of a Bank)
- Good communicator (oral and written) with an ability to gain the respect from peers, management and other stakeholders
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online