Atlas Corps is an overseas fellowship for the world’s best nonprofit leaders.
The Atlas Corps Fellowship lasts 6-18 months and is offered three times a year. Fellows serve full-time at Host Organizations, develop leadership skills, and learn nonprofit best practices through the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab professional development series and networking opportunities with other Fellows who are skilled nonprofit professionals from around the world.
Eligibility for the Atlas Corps Fellowship
- 2 or more years of relevant experience in the nonprofit/NGO/social sector
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- English proficiency (oral, writing, reading)
- 35 years or younger
- Apply to serve in a country other than where you are from (U.S. citizens are not eligible for the U.S. Fellowship – check out the Fellowship in Colombia!)
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 6-18 month fellowship
- This prestigious fellowship includes health insurance, enrollment in Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab, flight and visa costs, and a living stipend to cover basic expenses (food, local transportation, and shared housing).
November 1 – Priority deadline for the May Fellowship. Applications are taken year round, but earlier applications tend to be more successful.
November 1 – February 28: Applications reviewed and interviews conducted
March 1-31: Most final decisions made by this month
May: Fellows arrive for orientation and begin service at Host OrganizationsSeptember Fellowship:
March 15 – Priority deadline for the September Fellowship. Applications are taken year round, but earlier applications tend to be more successful. (Priority deadline: March 10, 2016!)
March 15 – June 30: Applications reviewed and interviews conducted
July 1-31: Most final decisions made by this month
September: Fellows arrive for orientation and begin service at Host Organizations
1. Online Application: All applications need to be submitted online.
2. Letters of Recommendation: Atlas Corps requires two (up to three) letters of recommendation from individuals who know you in a professional capacity and can write about your skills and experiences as well as your potential for success as an Atlas Corps Fellow.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Atlas Corps Fellowship 2016 for Global Leaders
Application Deadline: March 15 2016