eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
Assistant Program Manager, Polio
Summary: The Assistant Program Manager assists the Polio Program Manager in oversees the coordination and administration of program operations, including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities. Other responsibilities include supporting communications activities, attending meetings, and assisting in partner coordination and maintaining relationships with partner and donor agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide operations and coordination support for all projects under the Polio program.
- Participates in long- and short-term program development and planning, and the development of new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Develops and effectively manages program timelines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables.
- Monitors program activities to ensure quality and accuracy of work outcomes vis-à-vis contractual and grant commitments.
- Serves as a resource to project managers for all inquiries, and issues resolutions for project management, contract budget and remediation, and regulatory document preparation.
- Responsible for contract and financial management for programs. Ensures budgets are tracked against contract milestones.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- Writes reports on the program for management and for funders.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment. ! Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises assigned Project Management staff.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Project Management or related field.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in project management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Must possess the ability to organize, instruct and supervise staff while promoting group effort and achievement.
- Strong writing and communications skills across a wide variety of audiences. Proactive and self
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Good learning ability.
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
Certifications and Licenses
- A Project Management (PMI) certification is preferred.
- First Aid and Health & Safety qualifications desirable
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in Hausa is desirable.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, government officials, partner agencies, and the general public.
Math Ability / Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Why work with us?
Life at ehealth Africa means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Method of Application