Eat City – We are defined by our warm and hospitable casual dining restaurant that places the community and local businesses at the pinnacle of our services. We provide friendly, attentive service in a relaxed and secure environment through our team of professional staff who greatly enjoy their jobs.
Job Title: Assistant Cook
We are looking for a skilled cook to assist our kitchen team, the ideal candidate for this position must have proven experience preparing African and continental dishes, enjoys working in a busy restaurant environment and is capable of taking direction well and multi-tasking effectively. The incumbent must have proven experience in restaurant/Hotel industry and a passion for food prep and strong customer service.
Duties and Requirements
- · Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items
- · Collaborate with the kitchen team to prepare meals during our dining hours
- · Maintain accurate food inventories
- · Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures
- · Rotate stock items as per established procedures
- · Restock kitchen for subsequent shifts
- · Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- · Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your shift
- · Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- · Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- · 3+ years’ experience as a Cook in the restaurant/Hotel industry
- · Able to read and follow standardized recipes
- · Strong knowledge of proper food handling procedures
- · Able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere
- · Excellent physical condition and stamina
- · Kano state residents preferred
How To Apply,
Please submit a cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com by February 3, 2017.
In the subject line of the email please write, Assistant Cook. “Please indicate your salary expectation and earliest start date in your email and/or cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview